LET 200D Morava in1/72 - KP models

yak face

Wossupwidee?
Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
tony
Hi all heres the Kovozavody Prostejov (KP ! ) kit of the LET 200d Morava in 1/72 scale .This light twin engined aircraft was made by the Czech manufacturer LET between 1957 -1964 and many are still flying today. The kit is a rebox of an AZ models kit and is typical of the limited run type kit tooled by this maker. The details are very reasonable but there are no locating pins or wing tabs and slots and the fit is a little challenging,but nothing a bit of good old fashioned modelling cant sort out . Nevertheless they can make very nice models of unusual subjects .Despite filling the nose with lead it was a tail sitter (not surprising when you look how much aircraft is behind the main wheels!) so I had to improvise and ended up drilling a hole in the bottom of one mainwheel and gluing in a L shaped piece of thin guitar string. This is strong enough to keep the nose wheel on the ground and isnt too noticeable . heres the pics cheers tony:cool::cool:DSCN3030.JPGDSCN3031.JPGDSCN3032.JPGDSCN3033.JPGDSCN3034.JPGDSCN3035.JPGDSCN3036.JPGDSCN3037.JPGDSCN3038.JPGDSCN3039.JPG

Last edited:

PaulTRose

Dazed and confused
SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
that turned out nice

what an unusual plane, im going to have to look that one up

yak face

Wossupwidee?
Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
tony
Thanks guys , i do enjoy the challenge of a limited run kit now and again , but hopefully the next build will have some sort of location guides!!! cheers tony

stillp

SMF Supporter
First Name
Pete
Very nice Tony. I've sometimes thought of making lead wheel chock for tailsitters, but the guitar string is a good idea..

Pete

Jim R

SMF Supporter
First Name
Jim
Hi Tony
That is a really nice result. Very unusual. I have not heard of the plane or the kit manufacturer.
Jim

Dave Ward

Still Trying New Things
SMF Supporter
First Name
David
Tony,
that's certainly different - I've never seen one made up before. I like the out-of-the-ordinary models, having made a few myself! Limited run models can be a challenge, but satisfying. It's not so bad now, but some of the earlier limited run things were just an excuse to put out badly made, badly fitting & poorly researched models , usually stuffed in a flimsy box with minimal photocopied directions( and yes, I bought quite a few! ). A Macchi Castoldi Schneider Trophy Racer springs to mind...................
Dave

yak face

Wossupwidee?
Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
tony
Tony,
that's certainly different - I've never seen one made up before. I like the out-of-the-ordinary models, having made a few myself! Limited run models can be a challenge, but satisfying. It's not so bad now, but some of the earlier limited run things were just an excuse to put out badly made, badly fitting & poorly researched models , usually stuffed in a flimsy box with minimal photocopied directions( and yes, I bought quite a few! ). A Macchi Castoldi Schneider Trophy Racer springs to mind...................
Dave
Ive got a couple more KP civvies to fo yet dave , a pair of Zlins , but they are KPs own newly tooled mouldings plus they have the benefit of having a sit on canopy rather than the separate windows and screens , like your ICM beech 18 and this let 200 morava. Cheers tony

Dave Ward

Still Trying New Things
SMF Supporter
First Name
David
Tony,
civvy 1/72, let alone 1/48 airplanes are not exactly common,, and a lot of those are expensive resins. Obviously the market doesn't seem to be there for the big makers
Dave

yak face

Wossupwidee?
Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
tony
Nice build Tony.A clever solution with the guitar string!.
Cheers dave
Looks great Tony, love the guitar string solutio too, will remember that one.:thumb2::thumb2:
cheers fernando , its a lot less conspicuous than a prop under the tail , and could possibly be disguised as a wheel chock if you wanted , cheers tony

B

BigZimmo

Very nice, Tony. And something different beside all the Spitfires, Me 109, Mustangs, F-16 etc.
Good job....well done, mate!!!!!:smiling::thumb2:

:cool:

colin m

Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Colin
What a cool little aircraft. For some reason I keep seeing an early VW Beetle, with wings.