Lever popped off?

M

Milana

Hi there :smiling3: I did a search but couldn't find anything related to my problem so I hope it's ok if I asked here. I was cleaning my Iwata Eclipse just now and the lever popped off (actually fell on the ground into a spider web which was totally gross!). I can't find anywhere that explains how to put it back in. From the official diagram it seems like it should be easy, but gentle poking and prodding hasn't produced any results and I don't want to damage it by improperly (wo)man-handling it. How do I get the darn lever back in?

S

Sky Raider

Hi Milana,

Can you post a pic of what you mean, it may help. On the other hand, someone might also know exactly what you mean and be able to sort it.

Cheers

Andy

M

Milana

This is how it looks right now :sad: can't for the life of me get it back in...

stona

SMF Supporter
First Name
Steve
I've literally just stripped my own CS for a good ultrasonic clean!

Which part (number) do you mean by the "lever". I'm guessing 12 or 13.

Cheers

Steve

M

Milana

Holy cow! I've never even seen most of those parts (well, apart from looking up a diagram before posting this but). It would be part #12. At least I hope that's the only thing that's gone wrong.

S

Sky Raider

I see, this is easy, Firstly slacken the needle adjuster at the far end and pull the needle back about an inch, then remove the fine nozzel from the front with the spanner and then remove the second part of the nozzle, now push the needle forward from the back and carefully pull the needle all the way out of the brush. Now remove the rear needle adjuster completely and pop in the triger until it seats correctly, the hinged part on the bottom of the trigger goes down into the hose connector. Now that you have done this put the rear section back into the gun and re assemble in the same order as you took it apart, remember to draw the needle back an inch into the brush before you screw the nozzle sections back on. Hope this helps.

Andy

stona

SMF Supporter
First Name
Steve
Right,I've seen your picture now.

Unscrew and withdraw the needle chucking guide and lever and the spring and spring guide,it will all come out together (parts 13-16). Now you won't have the auxiliary lever (part 13) getting in your way.

Now it is just a matter of lowering the main lever (trigger) back into place. Make sure you are offering it the right way round with the little cut out on the lower face of the top of the lever towards the back of the brush. It can be fiddly but you won't need to force anything,it will just drop back in.....honestly. Shining a light into the back of the airbrush body may help you to see what you are doing.

Once the lever is back in you can replace all the other bits.

Cheers

Steve

Edit,you beat me to it Andy,she's already got the needle out though. No need to remove the front end,nozzle etc.

Last edited by a moderator:
S

Sky Raider

Ok Steve, between us we should be able to sort this dilema lol/

Andy

stona

SMF Supporter
First Name
Steve
\ said:
Ok Steve, between us we should be able to sort this dilema lol/Andy
No worries mate,I'd certainly hope so!

Cheers

Steve

Ian M

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
From looking at the diagram, I would say that part 12 should drop down into the hole that you can see in the second photo you posted. Part 13, the bit that looks like a butterfly clip, needs to go in directly behind part 12. some go in easy from the top, others from the back. A bit of jiggling may be needed. Just make sure it's the right way around.

Then carefully insert the needle, (17) to hold it in place. If you have removed the parts shown as 14a through to 16, these need to be put in place before you put the needle back in.

Hope that sort of helps

And Welcome to the forum !!!

Ian M

M

Milana

Thank you both :smiling3: ! That worked perfectly! I didn't even realize I could take my airbrush that far apart without any special tools... and wow... I think I found some paint gooped up in there from last fall! I have a feeling things are going to be working much more smoothly now (plus it's always nice to learn something new, actually I'm glad this happened!).

Thanks a bunch!

stona

SMF Supporter
First Name
Steve
Glad to help. I usually strip my airbrushes and give them a really good clean at the end of a project,usually about once every couple of months or so,no rigid schedule.

Cheers

Steve