Life Miniatures 1/16 Max Wunsche Figure

• Thread starter Deleted member 6559
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 6559

100_8034.JPG

Lets give this one a go. This is a fairly recent release by Life Miniatures of a 1/16 figure of Max Wunsche. He is depicted at the time he was awarded the Knight's Cross in February 1943 for his actions as a battalion commander of the LSSAH at Kharkov:

Max Wünsche, Kharkov 1943 (23).jpg

He later saw action in Normandy, where he was captured after escaping the Falaise Pocket. Here he is on the left, together with Fritz Witt and Kurt Meyer:

Bundesarchiv_Bild_146-1988-028-25A,_Frankreich,_Invasionsfront.jpg

The box contents:

100_8030.JPG

As beautifully sculpted by Sang-Eon Lee as his Brad Pitt 'Fury' figure, which I made a couple of months ago. The casting is excellent, though the casting blocks are a bit on the heavy side and will need careful removal.

D

Deleted member 6559

Cheers Jason. It's currently bathing in Flash Kitchen Cleaner - I'm sure I can do better. I will probably put this one aside for a while as well, as my eyes just can't handle the smaller scale at the moment. I think I'll re-paint a couple of older busts instead.

Last edited by a moderator:

SteveH

SMF Supporter
First Name
Stephen
Morning Peter

Not a good weekend for either victim!

I guess sometimes its a challenge every which way you turn!

A trawl through the cabinet and stash will be a safe place to be for today.

Its cool wet, grey and miserable, are we never happy with the weather?

Back to work for me.

Have a good day and hold on tight to your next victim!

Regards

Steve H

D

Deleted member 6559

Hi Steve. A really bad modelling day yesterday. I may have one last go at this today, but I'm worried that my eyes aren't up to it - I hope it's not the end of working at smaller scales. We've got a house full here - all the children home plus grandchild - so it's pretty chaotic, which doesn't help.

Reactions: JR
D

Deleted member 6559

Cheers Jason

I'm currently re-painting it and it's going a lot better. More later.....

Jim R

SMF Supporter
First Name
Jim
I'm currently re-painting it and it's going a lot better.
Good :thumb2:
We've got a house full here - all the children home plus grandchild
Wonderful but exhausting. I love to spend time with my granddaughter but after trying to keep up with her enthusiastic high energy level for a few hours I come home and I'm a spent force :rolling:
Jim
I have been meaning to ask Peter "Are you totally over the virus now?" I know that earlier you were having good days and bad.

JR

Member of the Rabble and Pyromania Consultant
SMF Supporter
First Name
John
Peter.Think the concentration has suffered with the house full, no one can paint to that standard unless they have complete concentration. Very exhausting as Jim says. Great to see them like you do, we haven't see our youngest 2 for a couple of years, but they are coming this weekend ! So no modelling for me .

D

Deleted member 6559

Jim - Remi has been here a week and will stay for another. She's wonderful, but exhausting. I've just got into trouble for not supervising her enough while she painted next to me at the table - I hadn't noticed that she'd got hold of the superglue and spilled some on her leg (there are four other 'adults' in the house).

I am over the CV thanks. Still have fits of exhaustion, but otherwise OK.

John - Well, see above. It doesn't help that the house looks like a bomb-site either. You must be looking forward to seeing yours after 2 years. Have fun.

Anyway, despite the distractions, I feel I've made a bit of progress with young Max:

100_8060.JPG

I re-painted the head and I feel that it's turned out much better. Of course, I was aware of the pitfalls from my first attempts, and I had more of a strategy for dealing with them this time. I also decided to paint the Iron Cross and shoulder boards while the brush was still sharp. Feel back on track now and panic over.

Richard48

SMF Supporter
First Name
Richard
Certainly a stern and pensive Herr Wunsche.Wasnt he the one with the dashing looks as seen in his panzer uniform or camo tunic?,.Face looks mighty fine to me Pierre.
Pip pip
Makka Pakka.

D

Deleted member 6559

John - Thanks for the encouraging words.

Tim - Thanks also.

Richard - He looks grimly determined certainly. Wunsche is the one with the bandaged head and Italian camo smock. Meyer is on the right. The photo was taken near Caen, in mid June 1944.

JR

Member of the Rabble and Pyromania Consultant
SMF Supporter
First Name
John
That my friend is superb, you should be pleased.

Yes will do , both 10 and 11 now so properly won't even bother to speak to us, just look at their tablets.:smiling3:

D

Deleted member 6559

John - Thank you, I'm quite relieved I got somewhere. At just under 2 years old, Remi can navigate her way around her mum's tablet like a teenager. You'd think it was some essential life skill more important than talking (which it probably is these days).

Neil - Cheers. All the fiddly stuff is done, now it's on to enjoying the drapery.

SteveH

SMF Supporter
First Name
Stephen
Morning Peter

Back into the Premier league you go, well done, yet again, and with a full crowd too, even more of an accomplishment.

You need a bottle of de bonder for your CA glue, usually 3-4 quid on the interweb.

Speciality usage, de bonding 2 year olds!

I use it as per "Night Shift" a'la You Tube, and very useful when used with black CA.

Looks like a happy drapery day ahead, if you can fight your way through the crowds?

I have been trying some 1/35 painting and drapery, with a wet palette it's a couple of swipes with the size 2 Raphael 8404.

I hope to actually finish one, this week/month/year?

Perhaps?

Enjoy the day and the house full too, its just been the 2 of us since 180320, and it does feel almost normal now!

I think we are both getting agoraphobia, the new C-19 secondary ""infection" !

Regards

Steve H

• Wow