Life Miniatures 1/16 Max Wunsche Figure

• Thread starter Deleted member 6559
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 6559

Morning Neil.

Ordinary warm soapy water dealt with the 'ouch' though she did spill quite a lot of it on her leg - we have to remove all her clothes, sans nappy, when she paints, and it does have it's downside, body painting being another.

I'm resolutely carrying on with the painting - with four other adults in the house I reckon they can cope with a 2 year old for a couple of hours. On to Max's jacket today and an exercise in lightened khaki to simulate the sheepskin.

Don't forget to show the results of your figure painting.

Reactions: JR
D

Deleted member 6559

The top half:

100_8063.JPG100_8065.JPG

The sheepskin was painted with mixes of Vallejo Khaki, Leather Brown and Off White, and the gloves with Matt Black and Basalt Grey. I will probably fiddle with it a bit more, but I've had enough for today.

SteveH

SMF Supporter
First Name
Stephen
Morning Peter

Lovely work, subtle colouring and shading, which makes it look so simple, but requires skill to paint.

Just the field grey trousers and leather holster left and another one for the cabinet.

Looks like a good day ahead with the paints

Enjoy the day and the crowd

Regards

Steve H

D

Deleted member 6559

Hi Steve

Yes, should get him finished today, though recovering from a bad hyper that came on last night - too much quick-release carbohydrate. Trousers, holster, felt-lined boots and an old base.

tr1ckey66

SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
Hi Peter
Am I going mad or did you start this figure before?
In the previous thread I provided the Normandy Pics of Wunsche with Von Ribbontrop, then another 1/10 bust of him inside a Panther turret. Did you shelve the painting? I think I missed it.

Lovely work on face btw

Cheers
Paul

D

Deleted member 6559

One Max Wunsche:

100_8078.JPG100_8072.JPG100_8076.JPG100_8079.JPG

On to the legs today, and I used Vallejo German Uniform again for the trousers. The boots and holster were painted in mixes of Saddle Brown, German Camo Black Brown and Leather Brown.

A bloomin' lovely figure to work on.

Steve Jones

Steve Jones Scale Modelling Site
First Name
Steve
You have certainly excelled yourself on this one Peter. I particularly like the fur work. Glad you enjoyed it.

D

Deleted member 6559

Neil - Thanks. Another 1/16 figure next I think, just to keep my hand in.

Mick - Thank you.

SteveH

SMF Supporter
First Name
Stephen
Morning Peter

A super figure, simple palette and well executed, another successful finish to erase the recent crashed giant resin piece.

Looks like the weather will keep us all guessing if summer has anything left to it?

Another bust from the cabinet?

Have a good day with the new victim

Regards

Steve H

D

Deleted member 6559

Morning Steve

I'm glad to have got back into the smaller scale, so I think I'll do another 1/16 figure before returning to a small stash of busts. A wet and windy few days forecast and the heatwave is a distant memory - at least the British summer keeps you guessing.

Jim R

SMF Supporter
First Name
Jim
Hi Peter
That is a real beauty. As good as it gets and the two year old is unglued - a man of many talents.
Jim