Lifecolor?

S

snapper41

I overheard someone at Teflord last weekend waxing lyrical about Lifecolor paints - apparently 'the best out there'. Anyone used them? Opinions?

M

m1ks

Was that the guy with the t-shirt back print saying, 'Hi i'm Tony, Your lifecolour rep, ask me about quality paint products' ?

:smiling5:

john

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
First Name
John
I've used them and they are good, best out there? maybe not, I prefer Vallejo but I guess everyone has their favourites, I was going to start stocking them, I got quite a lot of them and they just didn't sell do I have them on offer at the moment if you want to try them, I don't have a wide range or many of them left, have a look here for what I have left

tr1ckey66

SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
Hi Snapper

I do like Life color paints but, as has already been said, everyone has their favourites. To airbrush life color you will need to thin them down but I've found them to be the most consistent paint for thinning available. They also don't seem to have as much acrylic medium in them as Vallejo which (I think) has 2 effects: 1. it makes them a lot more consistent and even in coat (albeit a more matt coat) and 2. it makes them more prone to rub off, in my experience you have to be more careful with the finish until it's sealed with a varnish like Johnson's Clear. Life color is my favourite acrylic paint but I think a lot more people on this site prefer Vallejo. In the end I think you'll need to sample them yourself, I mix the 2 brands on projects regularly there's no reason why you couldn't sample both I doubt whether either would go to waste.

Hope that helps a little bit.

All the best

Paul

John - I will be taking the Life Color offer up!

F

Fenlander

Only used Lifecolor a couple of times and I was quite impressed with them to be honest. I do agree they need protecting before handling, as do most acrylics when they are really matt. Tamiya being one of the worst, shows fingerprints and rubs off/stains very easily from just holding it.

PJP

Peter/Pedro/Hey you
First Name
Peter
Lifecolor

I bought some Lifecolor from the forum shop for a Ta 152 in 1/32.

I like it.

I can't comment knowledgeably on the colour accuracy but it looks good to me.

It also works (sprays and cleans) well, with good coverage.

There is a reasonable colour range but they don't do the colours I need for the model I'm (occasionally, the Doris permitting) working on at the moment.

P

PS. I don't work for them! (Or anybody else for that matter).

Nor would I wear one of their Tshirts!!