Light Tank Mk.VIB, Western desert, Spring, 1941.

MikeC

SMF Supporter
Has left the Building
First Name
Michael
Mike

. Outstanding! And your additions really take it to the next level!!

Well done.

Andrew
Andrew,
Many thanks comment well received.
Mike

MikeC

SMF Supporter
Has left the Building
First Name
Michael
Mike,
what a fantastic result! It's an awkward little kit, but you have turned it into a real beauty.
Are you planning any occupants?
Dave
Dave,
Many thanks for the comment. The worst part for me was in fact the tracks, I did not allow for the thickness of paint, so had some fun with a pair of tweezers applying pressure to get them to seat. Bit like squeezing a fat woman into a corset - you kept going around tucking in here and there...
Crew - Yes, it has to have a crew, it is one of those models that needs them to set it off, so will be playing about with body parts and putty, and a base in the near future.
Mike

Steve Jones

Steve Jones Scale Modelling Site
First Name
Steve
Well I have clearly had my head in the sand to have missed the final reveal. Great to see the close ups along with the commentary. Its up there with the best of them. Terrific work sir. Permission to carry on LOL

Jim R

SMF Supporter
First Name
Jim
Hi Mike
A truly excellent result. The extra detailing, the thoughtful little touches like the frayed tow rope and the very believable weathering are all tributes to your modelling skills.
Jim

MikeC

SMF Supporter
Has left the Building
First Name
Michael
Well I have clearly had my head in the sand to have missed the final reveal. Great to see the close ups along with the commentary. Its up there with the best of them. Terrific work sir. Permission to carry on LOL
Steve,
Yep! I sneaked it in when you were busy... Many thanks for the comment, you may now carry on..
Mike

MikeC

SMF Supporter
Has left the Building
First Name
Michael
Hi Mike
A truly excellent result. The extra detailing, the thoughtful little touches like the frayed tow rope and the very believable weathering are all tributes to your modelling skills.
Jim
Hi Jim,
Many thanks, and pleased you enjoyed it.
Mike.

colin m

Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Colin
Great work. The detail you have encompassed is quite something else. That dust is making my nose twitch all the way over here.

MikeC

SMF Supporter
Has left the Building
First Name
Michael
Great work. The detail you have encompassed is quite something else. That dust is making my nose twitch all the way over here.
Colin,
Behave, you are suppsed to use it on the models, not sniff it...
Cheers, Mike