Lighting

B

BadGeMiNi0523

I have a 1/200 scale Bucket Wheel Excavator, I have an idea in my had to add lights to the boom, and the rest of the machine...any ideas on how to do this.

eddiesolo

It's a modelling time!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Si.
Is it the Revell model kit or a static  pre-build?

B

BadGeMiNi0523

I'm thinking of adding wires and wire trays, and thought why not lights too, just don't have any resources or information on how to get light small enough to make it look realistic.

I've worked around cranes, and heavy equipment, so i'm trying to plan before i build. 

eddiesolo

It's a modelling time!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Si.
Okay, first off I would look at some pictures of bucket scoop excavators and see where the lights are placed. You can then figure out the scale and either make some  light houings for small LEDs. It also depends how good you are with wiring etc, the tiny leds are great but tend to need wiring, others 3mm etc are bigger and take more planning so they don't look out of place. Use pre-wired leds and go for a rating of 5v or similar that way you can use a button cell battery pack you can hide in the structure using magnets or under a base.

B

BadGeMiNi0523

Do you have any idea where to start looking for pre-wired led lights that i will need for that scale.

I looked on Mega hobby.com and Amazon with no luck.

eddiesolo

It's a modelling time!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Si.

eddiesolo

It's a modelling time!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Si.
Glad I could help :smiling3:  

S

Stevekir

The 603W is unbelievably tiny at 1.8 mm long (and there seems to be an even smaller one). A pity its not offered as "Buy now". Only 8 hours left of the auction.