Like you all the meet Mr Snuggle hug and Clara,

monica

“When there's no more room in hell, the dead will
SMF Supporter
First Name
monica
Hi Monica,

the left foot not sitting flat - make sure the casting block is sanded off then stick his leg in just boiled water. It should give enough flex to the resin to allow you to reposition it to sit flat

If he is 340mm tall he will need some substantial pins into his legs and base to stop him toppling over

Regarding scale - was there no scale indicated when you bought the kit?

If not, how tall is the girl? Average female height is around 5ft 3" so you if you are happy with her being average height you can work out a scale from that and use that scale to size the light
Hi,Simon,i did take 5 mm or so off the back of that heal,and was sitting quite nice but once pinning and using liquard nails,with 12mm dia drawls ,maybe air pockets,and just not sitting
right once you put the glue,which happens ,I hope he is there solid,and not,going anywhere,can work around it somehow,
well she stands at 220mm ,but it never come in a package like most kits,as more a garage kit,so rapped in bubble rap,so thats where it leaves me a bit as well,with scale, ;)

monica

SMF Supporter
First Name
monica
That,s one Bad a** critter......and big also.......watching this one.
Rick H.
he is just so cool,when i layed eyes on them ,just a must have for me ,big horror,werewolf ,vampire fan
so ya I got him,so glad that Joe ,let me pay them off,good chap,:smiling4:
Monica big full size pics please
chris
will do my friend ,or will pm them to you is no trouble,;)
Monica, think I should get out more !DUH :upside:
he is ok John ,just a big shy critter with the girl who saves him,:rolling:

SimonT

Rest in Peace
Rest In Peace
First Name
Simon
Hi Monica - sure you will be able to build up the groundwork then to disguise the height difference :thumb2:

Scale

the average female height of an Australian woman is reported as 1618mm (5ft 3.7") so if you say this lass is average height and she measures 220mm then that gives 1618/220 = 7.35 or a scale of 1:7.35, not a very well known scale but valid if you call her an average height grown woman

more usual standard type scales in the same area would be either 1:6 or 1:8

if you went with 1:8 then 220x8 = 1760mm which is about 5ft 9" which makes her quite supermodel tall

if you went the other way and said 1:6 then 220x6 = 1320mm which is about 4ft 4" which would roughly equate to an 8 or 9yr old girl - she looks a bit, ahem, well developed, for an 8yr old

to keep with nice even numbers you could use 1:7 which would make her 220x7 = 1540 making her about 5ft 1/2", a bit shorter than average full grown woman but maybe not so bad for a late teens

1:7 or 1:7.35 look like the best options to choose from

victorianstylelight.jpg
if you went with something like this victorian style light you can just divide the shown dimensions by whichever scale you decide to adopt

monica

SMF Supporter
First Name
monica
Hi Monica - sure you will be able to build up the groundwork then to disguise the height difference :thumb2:

Scale

the average female height of an Australian woman is reported as 1618mm (5ft 3.7") so if you say this lass is average height and she measures 220mm then that gives 1618/220 = 7.35 or a scale of 1:7.35, not a very well known scale but valid if you call her an average height grown woman

more usual standard type scales in the same area would be either 1:6 or 1:8

if you went with 1:8 then 220x8 = 1760mm which is about 5ft 9" which makes her quite supermodel tall

if you went the other way and said 1:6 then 220x6 = 1320mm which is about 4ft 4" which would roughly equate to an 8 or 9yr old girl - she looks a bit, ahem, well developed, for an 8yr old

to keep with nice even numbers you could use 1:7 which would make her 220x7 = 1540 making her about 5ft 1/2", a bit shorter than average full grown woman but maybe not so bad for a late teens

1:7 or 1:7.35 look like the best options to choose from

View attachment 394493
if you went with something like this victorian style light you can just divide the shown dimensions by whichever scale you decide to adopt
ta so much for that info,Simon,she would be between that 1:6 , I would say,I have never real gotten my head around working out scales,
for what ever reason,but real with the size of the light ,even somethink 60mm or 70mm would not real be to big,as if you look at pictures
of them they are quite big to give off as much light as possible,
as I,m only about 5,3,, or so and that makes scene