Lockheed C-141b Starlifter 1/200 scale

yak face

Wossupwidee?
Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
tony
Heres the Italeri /Dragon kit of the USAF heavy lift Lockheed Starlifter in 1/200 scale . Originally a Dragon tooling its been reboxed a few times by Italeri , this one being one of theirs. Its a fairly simple kit so I thought it would be perfect to build alongside the F-16c as it wouldnt take long. The kit comes with an option to have the rear loading doors open and has a ramp and 2 tiny Humvees but these were very poor replicas so didnt get used. Painted in the 'European One 'Lizard scheme with Hataka paints set HTK -AS -10 USAF (European Camo). First time ive used these paints , very nice -good colours but a little see through so the correct undercoat is essential.After priming with Halfords grey aerosol primer the gunship grey was sprayed allover , thinned with vallejo airbrush thinners and the two greens brush painted from the bottle with a few drops of flow improver. The greens both needed 2 coats to cover adequately. Nice little kit if you want a quick build .BTW the engines should look like that , the tf33 turbofans on the c141 had a grille right at the front so the kit is accurate in this respect , if you didnt know you could be mistaken thinking it was a bit of lazy inaccurate tooling! cheers tonyDSCN3153.JPGDSCN3154.JPGDSCN3155.JPGDSCN3156.JPGDSCN3158.JPGDSCN3159.JPGDSCN3160.JPGDSCN3161.JPGDSCN3162.JPGDSCN3163.JPGDSCN3164.JPGDSCN3165.JPG

Gern

'Stashitis' victim
SMF Supporter
First Name
Dave
Beautiful.

PS I didn't realise how small it is 'til I saw the last pic.

colin m

Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Colin
I had to look this one up. Now I understand the scale ! A tidy job there Tony.

Jim R

SMF Supporter
First Name
Jim
Hi Tony
That is a nice result. Very small scale makes your work even more impressive.
Jim

yak face

Wossupwidee?
Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
tony
Cheers guys , its one of those aircraft that i always liked , occasionally in the 90,s i used to see them flying high overhead , probably from RAF Mildenhall, the engines having a very distinctive sound , you often knew what it was even if you couldn't see it! I was chuffed to get this one on e bay , then in typical fashion shortly after I bought it Roden have released a 1/144 kit! Cheers tony