lockheed U2R/S wing mods

R

rmanaseri

here are some mods im doing to a model my father has asked me t build for him. youll notice i have two sets of the u2-r/s. he has asked for botha single seat version and the two seat trainer version. stated however that the trainer vrsion never had the super pods installed and always flew what they called clean wing.

so what i had to do was trim out the the excess superpod mouldings and using plastruct sheeting, filled in the resulting gaps in order to give it the clean wing and make the model acurate for him.

also another little tip.

for builders with models that have raised panel lines that are lost due to filler and sanding, i found that i could reconstruct the raised panel lines using fishing line. cut the line a little longer than you really need so that you can tape it down. then i found using testors liquid cement carefully brushed it over the line as it lay there, allowing it to adhere to the model. once dry carefully trim the line where needed and remove excess and tape.

would recomend being very gentle with the model or spraying either a dull or gloss clear coat over the body part to add extra protection and lessen the chance of the line coming free

View attachment 18628

View attachment 18629

View attachment 18630

IMG_3697.jpg

IMG_3699.jpg

IMG_3700.jpg

Last edited: