London Country 480 Routemaster - the old school bus!

B

Boldman

Thanks all :smiling3: it got its first public outing at the IPMS Farnborough show yesterday and seemed to please the punters :smiling3:

C

CDW

Im also late in replying sorry mate.

Errrr ...... stunning job.... That's it in a nutshell from me.

Gern

'Stashitis' victim
SMF Supporter
First Name
Dave
I'm not surprised that won! Cracking build Andrew.

Gern

eddiesolo

It's a modelling time!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Si.
Trawling back though some old threads and came to this thread...now I can see it all finished it really does look excellent, top work.

Si:smiling3:

monica

“When there's no more room in hell, the dead will
SMF Supporter
First Name
monica
So sorry for my lateness, this is simply stunning,what a great job Andrew, I real like it alot so well done, :D

Snowman

We come in peace, so shoot to kill!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Gavin
Simply......WOW!!

You have an amazing eye for detail, your bus has leapt out of the old photo!!

You have brought to life.

Great work, bub!! :D

A

andy b

stunning... as a passenger, and having a friend who was a conductor and driver of this bus, you are spot on i can see you are seeking 100% detail your almost there, maybe of help to you, the uniforms at the time worn were NBC Blue colour, and the conductors at gravesend garage used setright ticket machines, gibsons were LT, this is only to help you, definatly not criticisum .. your paint is spot on these RML'S came through to erith covered in white chalk dust from swanscombe and greenhythe area and when it rained the lime dust from the cement works just eat through the paint work, so i think you have done a spot on job! Id buy one!

M

My Model Car Workshop

Just noticed this build, whilst looking through some of the older posts. First let me say, what a nice job has been done with this bus and different from the more usual red livery.

I have rather fancied having a go at one of these, but just can't make my mind up. I have had a look at this model, but reading some of the reviews, the instructions are written in Spanish o_O

http://www.amazon.co.uk/OcCre-Dennis-Bus-B-Type-Kit/dp/B008BIG1EC/ref=pd_sim_sbs_21_3?ie=UTF8&refRID=1R82E0RS281J6ZWSSDJ4

Maybe is the question!

Or maybe this one, which is a lot cheaper.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Airfix-Scale-B-Type-Omnibus-Model/dp/B00IJZIC76/ref=pd_sim_sbs_21_1?ie=UTF8&refRID=05RVAPDAFJTG9R97PEFT