Long haul Scania 143H Tractor build Part 1

First Name
Charles
This is 50% done. I still need some weathering done to it and need to build the trailer. So you can call this work in progress. The tractor is 95% done. Still experimenting with different weathering techniques and some more detailing, like wind deflectors for the front etc.. I'm kinda jumping between projects. so the trailer is still in the planning stages. So here are the pics of the tractor so far:

View attachment 124163

View attachment 124164

View attachment 124165

View attachment 124166

View attachment 124167

View attachment 124168

View attachment 124169

tractor_143H14_zpsbaohkm6m.jpg

tractor_143H7_zpshnwobkvs.jpg

tractor_143H17_zpsefeee87a.jpg

tractor_143H4_zpsanu30ddm.jpg

tractor_143H_air_hoses_zpsvuvqv8en.jpg

tractor_143H8_zpslzyikbu3.jpg

5th_wheel2_zps2hydkmbm.jpg

Gern

'Stashitis' victim
SMF Supporter
First Name
Dave
You say you're looking to improve your weathering techniques etc. Charles. There's a whole world of modellers out here who would give their left arms to match what you're already doing!

PS I wonder if the driver knows he's got an illegal spare?

First Name
Charles
Thanks Gern. Actually. He just had a flat tyre which he just changed. :smiling3:

papa 695

Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
That is just fantastic Charles.

I love what you do with these rigs and what you can achieve, I must get one and give it a go.

First Name
Charles
Gor for it Ian. I never regretted giving a them a try. :smiling3:

D

Dave1973

Your detailing and weathering is utterly amazing. How do you get that dried mid on the tyres with the realistic cracks from flexed rubber?? That is truly astonishing!

Ah! Ahaha! I see what you done!

This is a real truck isnt it? You built a background and took pictures of a real truck! Yeah i gotcha! ;)

monica

“When there's no more room in hell, the dead will
SMF Supporter
First Name
monica
looks fantastic,and the right amount of weathering as well,do like it a lot, ;)

First Name
Charles
\ said:
Your detailing and weathering is utterly amazing. How do you get that dried mid on the tyres with the realistic cracks from flexed rubber?? That is truly astonishing!
Ah! Ahaha! I see what you done!

This is a real truck isnt it? You built a background and took pictures of a real truck! Yeah i gotcha! ;)
Hi there Dave. The crackle mud is simple. I used Humbrol brown earth or was it dark earth( whatever) just spray it on and let it do its thing. Since the tyre is rubber it does not do a good job sticking it well. After drying just flex the tyre a bit until it cracks. ;) Then weather it.

D

dougie

Superb, really great work. I found the dark bits on the cab right hand side a tiny bit distracting but that is just nit picking.

Well done

S

steve scan

Charles this is fantastic, you have got that weather beaten/ used look perfectly.

D

Deleted member 3568

Up to your usual superhuman standard if only this mere mortal knew how you achieved such amazing works of art, truly outstanding.

J

jono

Looks Awesome! Charles, well done on the weathering. As an ex- hgv fitter I think a few dents on the cab & repair patches on rear wings would not go amiss.... ;)

C

Caledonia

Amazing work as usual Charles, if it wasn't for the background I would think it was the real thing. Great work. Derek

First Name
Charles
\ said:
Looks Awesome! Charles, well done on the weathering. As an ex- hgv fitter I think a few dents on the cab & repair patches on rear wings would not go amiss.... ;)
Thanks. I thought about that but dicided not to. But will keep that in mind. Thanks.

grumpa

SMF Supporter
First Name
Jim
Great work Charles;) I usually only build military vehicles {ok, always} but am doing a civilian bulldozer and a car in 1/25 scale {something different} Your work on civie trucks and such gives me inspiration to do a good job of it. Again, Great work!.................Jim:smiling3:

First Name
Charles
Thanks for the support everyone. Glad to hear it Jim. I will be looking forward to your build.