Looking for a biplane jig for proper wing placement

Sander69

SMF Supporter
First Name
Steven
Hi, I have been trying to find a retailer that sells a jig that I can use for biplanes. Specifically to fit the wings on properly. I’ve found two reviews for these types of products, the Aeroclub Biplane Assembly Jig and the Sram Biplane Assembly Jig. Does anyone know where I can purchase either of these items?

JR

Member of the Rabble and Pyromania Consultant
SMF Supporter
First Name
John
Hi Steven .
Hobby zone have a jig no PS01.

1617877704452.png

As it looks like your in the States your in luck, no good if you live here as they have stopped shipping due to us leaving the EU and a confused customs requirement.

Last edited:

colin m

Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Colin
I realise you didn’t ask for suggestions, but I use Lego.
We had kids hence the Lego, I wouldn’t buy it just for this purpose.

Sander69

SMF Supporter
First Name
Steven
I’m a wwi airplane fan but I am a beginner at building biplanes. So far my efforts look terrible. I’ll try to cobble something together first and then probably get the hobby zone. Thanks!

Reactions: JR

JR

Member of the Rabble and Pyromania Consultant
SMF Supporter
First Name
John
I’m a wwi airplane fan but I am a beginner at building biplanes. So far my efforts look terrible. I’ll try to cobble something together first and then probably get the hobby zone. Thanks!
Good luck Steven, hope you post your work. I'm not by any means a wingy, but admire those that can build and string those wires !

Dave Ward

Still Trying New Things
SMF Supporter
First Name
David
Steven,
what scale are you working in? & what's on the bench? I used to make 1/72 Vacform biplanes, but as my hands have got less nimble - I've gone to 1/48 scale.......... I've a few Eduard & Roden WWI goodies floating around, waiting their turn in the stash - I've built the Roden Junkers D.I, Fokker DVII & Eduard/Revell Albatros III & Fokker Dr.I over the past year or so. I use Lego quite a bit as a jig, but generally anything handy! I use cardboard templates to get correct wing separation, but these can be more trouble than they're worth. Luckily I can leave my bench untouched for fragile assemblies to dry!
Dave

Isitme

SMF Supporter
First Name
Mike
Hi Steven,
Go onto the WW1 aircraft models site, and there you will find loads of help from jigs to turnbuckles.
HTH,
Mike.