Looking for Hewi!!!

The Smythe Meister

Born to be WILD....... until about 9pm
SMF Supporter
First Name
Andy
Just kidding..... well,kind of!!;)
What i`m actually after Guys,is a good 1/35th kit of a "Huey"..... (UH-1 Helicopter)I`ve seen the Revell UH-1C kit,which is apparently quite nice,but it`s more of a rocketship compared to what i`m after..... a 1D,which is a gunship.
I can`t seem to find one in the scale i`m after......any ideas please?!!
Andy

The Smythe Meister

SMF Supporter
First Name
Andy
Andy,
Dragon, KittyHawk & Panda have made UH-1Ds in 1/35 - what the availability is, is how good you are at searches!
Dave
Yes,Dave,
Much appreciated thank you,i`ve seen bad press re the Panda one in particular.....
..... however,finding ANY of them for sale at the mo is a nightmare!!:flushed:
Thanks very much for taking the time to help:thumb2:.
Andy

Jakko

Way past the mad part
SMF Supporter
First Name
Jakko
In addition to those David mentioned, Academy, Italeri, MRC and Revell also had/have them — but they all seem to be essentially the same kit, originating at MRC.

Scalemates’ page with 1:35 scale UH-1s.

Click on a kit, scroll down to Marketplace, click on the Show marketplace button and see if any of the sellers there have it in stock (this may not be entirely accurate, so click on them to make sure). Trying a few, though, most seem to be unavailable other than the Academy UH-1C “Frog” and the Revell UH-1C, both of which are “Snakes”, gunships with seven-shot rocket launchers and machine guns. You should be able to easily build a “Slick” (troop carrier) from them by leaving off those parts, though.

Tim Marlow

Little blokes aficionado
SMF Supporter
First Name
Tim
.....and if you find one Steve, make sure you read “Chickenhawk” by Robert Mason. It is one of the best books about the Vietnam experience flying those things......and if you have read it....good isn’t it!

Dave Ward

Still Trying New Things
SMF Supporter
First Name
David

David Lovell

SMF Supporter
First Name
David
.....and if you find one Steve, make sure you read “Chickenhawk” by Robert Mason. It is one of the best books about the Vietnam experience flying those things......and if you have read it....good isn’t it!
Tim the best book to come out of the Vietnam War, FNG is pretty good as well.Dave

The Smythe Meister

SMF Supporter
First Name
Andy
Hello Chaps,
Sorry for the delay in posting,but i`d like to say a huge "Thank you" to you all for helping out :thumb2: ,
I looked high and low,all over the net to find something i wanted "Huey" wise,but it came down to either the Revell kit,(Which i must admit sounds ok from what i`ve read,however, it just didn`t appeal to me. ).OR the Dragon kit,which absolutely NO-ONE had in stock!
So i left a "Let me know when you get one in again" email,on a site i haven`t used before,not expecting to hear anything.
It was for one of THESE.........
dragon-dragon-3538-uh-1d-huey.jpg
I saw 2 on EvilBay for £100 +P&P.... and 1 on bidding for £86 with a day to go!!.... Ridiculous prices in my eyes!!
BUT.... I got an Email this morning saying they had one available.....for the price of £29.99 plus £6 P&P.... hence i paid for it straight away,(Using PayPal,just to protect myself!!),and felt a happy bunny!
I won`t name the site,unless anyone asks me to,but having looked at reviews today,i see they`re quite "Hit and Miss" when it comes to reviews.... lots of negative...... but also many,many positive...... we`ll see what happens!........
If it comes good.... I`m WELL happy.....
If not,i`ve got PayPal..........
............ Fingers crossed:fearful:
Andy

Jim R

SMF Supporter
First Name
Jim
Hi Andy
That is a result. Glad you got what you wanted. I am always a little sceptical of reviews. When I lived in Scotland a mate ran a B&B. He had a couple come and stay for a week. When they came to settle up the guy said "We want a discount otherwise we will leave a few bad reviews". My mate told him to p*** off but it shows that there are probably a load of iffy reviews out there.
I have only built one helicopter and it had its frustrations!! :rolling:
Jim