Looking for Ideas for What to 3D Print

M

MikeyBugs95

Hey everybody. I've been doing a bit of 3D CAD work for some time now and I have set up a shop at shapeways. I'm looking for more projects and I'd like to know what you guys here would like to see. If I think I can do it, I'll try it. If you can provide some basic dimensions, detailed measurements or even a simple drawing with dimensions on of what you'd like to see that'd be great and I'd then be more likely to work that project sooner.

That said, I am not a professional with this program, Autodesk Inventor, and I do this as a side hobby. There are some things I just can't do, some due to limitations of the program, limitations of 3D printing and some just because I don't have the experience. But if I think I can do it, I will try it. One thing though, I can not do wings or large external fuselage pieces. They are too complex fore to work with. They can be printed but I just can't design them with what I have now.

So anyone have any suggestions? smile.png

S

Stevekir

Oil drums, tools (spanner, hammer), convincing models of a couple of sheep, one standing, one lying down. A cast iron drain cover for a road, a bottle of wine/beer. Beer can. 1/72 down to 1/24

M

MikeyBugs95

The jerry cans can be done. The oil drums and drain cover could be done. The tools and bottles of beer/wine and beer cans could possibly be done but wouldn't be worth doing. The models would be too expensive for what they are. And I can't do sheep with the program I have.

Dustbin

SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
How about 1/35 skeletons or skulls. A selection of wooden crates for small arms ammunition, again 1/35 scale.  If I had the dimensions, I would say sets of wheels for WW1 trucks, the rest would be quite straightforward to scratchbuild.

monica

“When there's no more room in hell, the dead will
SMF Supporter
First Name
monica
much the same as most have said,jerry can,lades and tool boxs,all of the things you do see about a yard,but never real think of getting,

fuel drums,what you wont to get but don't because the cost is to high,

as for me I would be very interested in get 1.35 scale,things,that I need but dont see,and from what I have been told,small

things are better done in bigger numbers,

please do keep us informed on what your up to with it, :D

Ian M

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
Which printer do you have, how large an object can you print and at which kind of definition...also which software do you use.
this could give us an idea of the limitations.

Someone says what can I print my first thoughts are always figures, followed by tools.

D

dubster72

Decent pilot figures in various scales, especially 1/72 would always be useful.

K

kintosh

Hi I am away from home but on my return can send you an .stl file of this Jerry can if it helps its 1/16 scale but easy adjust.

Bob

Screen Shot 2016-05-13 at 08.17.25.png