looking for my 1st airbrush with a £100 budget

P

premacy10

Hi i am looking to purchase my 1st airbrush for modelling , can anybody suggest a good type and model

P

premacy10

No not at the moment,do you have any advice on those either

P

premacy10

No this does not include the compressor, any advice on this either

F

Fenlander

Well, there are a good range of Iwat airbrushes on the Forum Shop. I use the Revolution CR which is very nice. There are Iwata Compressors on there to although I have never used one, I have no doubt about their quality.

You can get cheaper ones and there are may users on this forum of airbrush and compressors bought from ebay. However, I do believe it is an investment to buy the best you can afford. I bought a cheap AB and Compressor to start with, already bought a new AB to replace the old one (still works and I still use it occasionally) I will also be looking to replace the compressor soon.

Although I am replacing my kit, I do feel it was a safe bet to get a cheap one to learn on and I know they are very good value, but at the end of the day, if I could have afforded it at the time, I would have bought what I hope soon to end up with.

M

m1ks

As Graham says, you can't go wrong with an Iwata but the cheapest Iwata, the revolution CR I think? as per Grahams link, is just over £100.

If your £100 budget is for both then you can get decent starter kits for that plus change, Spraymasters stuff is very good, I have one of their brushes and my initial setup, like most, came from eBay, 2 brushes, (one gravity and one suction) and one compressor for £60 ish which is plenty good enough.

Spraymaster High Detail Gravity Feed d/a Airbrush Kit on eBay (end time 24-Sep-10 14:37:32 BST)

Link above is an example and the Spraymaster range of brushes are well built and solid, if you do an eBay search though theres plenty of choice.

john

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
First Name
John
\ said:
As Graham says, you can't go wrong with an Iwata but the cheapest Iwata, the revolution CR I think? as per Grahams link, is just over £100.
The Revolution CR & BR are only £72.89, this review might help you

M

m1ks

My apologies John, I was sure they were about £115.

Even better at that price and I know Graham's very pleased with his.