LUFTWAFFE BUST

Peter Gillson

SMF Supporter
First Name
Peter
Hi guys

Since I have got my paint out to work on my 1/35 WW1 figures for my tank diorama I am also going to tackle the latest in my range of busts - a WW2 Luftwaffe office in full Mess Dress.

Luftwaffe product photo.jpg

It comes with a ribbon bar on the torso but also with a set of four full medals which can be fitted to replace the ribbon bar. he medals represented are: Iron Cross 2nd Class; Schinkel type Luftwaffe 4 Years long service award, in silvered iron; Commemorative Medal 13 March 1938, in silvered bronze; Commemorative Medal 1. October 1938, in bronze, with Prague clasp.

4 medal bar.jpg

More medal ribbons to paint!!
Peter

Richard48

SMF Supporter
First Name
Richard
Hooray im first in the queue,I will pull up a seat Peter,Got here before the rabble,Watching with interest.
Richard.

Steve Jones

Steve Jones Scale Modelling Site
First Name
Steve
What a lovely bust. Lots of opportunity for a splash of bright colours. Looking forward to seeing how this goes. Good luck

Jim R

SMF Supporter
First Name
Jim
Hi peter
An excellent looking bust. Dress uniform is not seen nearly as often as combat clothing and so this is a bit different.
Jim

Dave Ward

Still Trying New Things
SMF Supporter
First Name
David
Peter,
that looks a little different. - who's the maker? The medals look a little small ( pic for discussion purpose only )mess dress.jpg
I'm not sure, what do you think?
Dave

Peter Gillson

SMF Supporter
First Name
Peter
Hi guys

Richard = welcome to the front row - I have the coffee, you bring the biccies.
Steve J - glad to have you along, the medals should balance the lanyard cords, hopefully.
Jim - glad you like the mess dress idea. It is my second, the first being an SS officer. Next i plan some modern British army Mess Dress - 14/20 Hussars, a Yeomany regiment and and maybe a female in Mess Dress.
Steve B - welcome.
David - welcome. Its my own brand - Sarnia Miniatures. i think i made the insert a little too small rather than the medals themselves being too small. We will see when they are painted.

this evening I am breaking out the paints and starting the face. A little diverted today, a friend who is doing up their house dropped off a car load of old floor boards so I spent a large chunk of the day cutting it and chopping ig for kindling - life gets in the way of mdelling!

Peter

Last edited by a moderator:

Peter Gillson

SMF Supporter
First Name
Peter
A quick update - found some time this afternoon so made a start with the head - here he is:

F014AD7B-89CF-4B73-B9EB-61206981FDBA.jpeg
peter

Peter Gillson

SMF Supporter
First Name
Peter
Its been a productive couple of days, not only finished the first Tommy for my trench dio, but I have finished this chap.

The standard torso comes with a ribbon bar, so here is a photo of him with the ribbon bar painted:

60E725C6-998D-404C-A7F7-905EF8B7F20A.jpeg

E79318EA-FF5C-48F5-B5F2-B6C18F593719.jpeg

the medals depicted on the bar are: Iron Cross, Eastern Front Medal, Westwall medal and the Luftwaffe long service medal.

the bust also has a set of four medals, so here they are in place:
8AC9315B-2D4C-4CA3-84DD-DB1AC4F1B7CF.jpeg

I tried something a little different to emphasis the shading of the grey - powdered pastels, the sort I would use to weather a vehicle.

my intention was to paint blond hair, but it ended up looking a bit ginger

peter

Ian M

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
In accordance with the forum rule regarding the promoting of own products the link has been removed and the resulting posts are also gone as they were a bit irrelevant after the link was removed.

I am not being petty, people pay for adverts and self promotion is against the rules. If John had seen this, the whole thread would have been deleted.