M-18 for Simon.

Isitme

SMF Supporter
First Name
Mike
Short update.
Here are the pics for the drive sprocket and return roller.
20201103_151505.jpg
20201103_151524.jpg
The suspension is proving to be a slight problem with attachment points on the most fragile bits, the suspension arm locating arms having to be cut and sanded smaller to fit and the locating holes for the drive and return wheel attachment points needing to be drilled out larger - ho hum!!!
More later,
Cheers, Mike.

Isitme

SMF Supporter
First Name
Mike
Update.
Those who know me outside the forum will know that we recently became the parents of two Basset Hound 16 month old (questionable age) pups. One of them is quite placid and does his normal growing out of puppyhood thing - but the other is very immature, hence the thoughts on age.
Yesterday I had a delivery of fence rails for a new front fence, duly rushed out to help the driver unload them, AND FORGOT TO CLOSE MY ROOM DOOR in my rush. Ben was nowhere to be seen, then there was a crash and Ben came down the stairs like a missile. Thankfully he was alright, but my printer scanner thingy was on the floor and had died, but worse was to come, across the floor was what remained of the M-18, I know it was the M-18 because I had just finished cutting out the grill positions and they were the only areas I could recognise....
So, sorry to say the M-18 build is no longer, but I will have a dig through my unfinished kits and come up with another build which will hopefully make up for the loss. It will be posted on this blog - so it is sorry from Ben and keep watching from me.
Ben, Ben, come here Ben BENNNNNNNNNN!!!!!!!!
Mike.

Isitme

SMF Supporter
First Name
Mike
Oh Ben who been a naught boy then, Daddy love.
Kids and animals you can't turn your back on them for five minutes.
No way of saving it had about using it as wreck with your new build in a Dio.

View attachment 403307
How do you explain the tooth marks... No it was seriously chewed, the Basset mantra is if it will fit in their mouth then it is theirs to do with as they wish....

D

Deleted member 7237

How do you explain the tooth marks... No it was seriously chewed, the Basset mantra is if it will fit in their mouth then it is theirs to do with as they wish....
Sci-fi monster build------starring what's his name----The Might Ben.
Sorry couldn't resist.
Ben's new agent.

Jim R

SMF Supporter
First Name
Jim
Hi Mike
Aahh the joys of dog ownership. We once had a beautiful rescue dog. She was a collie/German shepherd cross. After we had had her for a few weeks she seemed to have settled down so well. We were lulled into a false sense of security and went out shopping without putting her in her cage. We were out for about three quarters of an hour. In that time she ate an arm chair!! She didn't just chew the odd leg or the cushion. There was not a piece of stuffing bigger than a matchbox and she had even got around the back to destroy the fabric there. Needless to say we forgave her and she was a wonderful friend and companion for the next 11 years.

You'll come up with something else :thumb2:

Jim

Steve Jones

Steve Jones Scale Modelling Site
First Name
Steve
Those who know me outside the forum will know that we recently became the parents of two Basset Hound 16 month old (questionable age) pups. One of them is quite placid and does his normal growing out of puppyhood thing - but the other is very immature, hence the thoughts on age.

Pictures please Mike, pictures please??

Gutted about the M18. Looking forward to seeing the next project

Isitme

SMF Supporter
First Name
Mike
Update,
Sorry to disapoint the masochists like Steve Jones, but the corpse has already been consigned to the department for refuse. But here is a pic of the perpetrator....
20201021_204609.jpg
This was taken shortly after having been divested of his back wheels and is wearing his suit to stop him licking the wound - honest, he is not dead.....
So where do I go from here....
After a good clean up of the room (at least he made me do something constructive) I reverted back to a subject that had been put on hold for a while and does need finishing off....
20201105_222448.jpg
This is the Takom offering and has now overtaken the long in the tooth Tamiya Chieftain. But as I stated a little earlier I cannot for some reason build straight from the box....
20201105_135057.jpg
20201105_135214.jpg
20201105_135015.jpg
20201105_135122.jpg
20201105_135333.jpg
20201105_135359.jpg
And decided to build the Chieftain ARV. The Cmdrs hatch and 'turret' is still under construction with the GPMG mount now being added. As for a break I will start on the rear hull superstructure and the stowage boxes. The sides of the front track guards are going to be removed and replaced by aluminium ones.
So, more later as we progress.
Cheers, Mike.

Mini Me

SMF Supporter
First Name
Rick
Nice recovery Mike....I see your "critter" has the factory applied three color camo. That Chieftain looks the Bomb and I can tell you have plenty of time and talent invested already..........hope you remember the door from now on. :rolling: Rick H.

rtfoe

SMF Supporter
First Name
Richard
Mike sad to here about the M-18...so looking forward to it already the sprocket and idler wheels were making me drool. I just had an episode with my Oxford when the cats got into the room...lucky it was just missing antennas.
Funny how Basset Hounds are typified as slow motioned and slow woofing dogs...I guess out of sight they move like lightning. :smiling6: A cousins neighbour had a Basset and a Great Dane and what a comical pair that used to come up to the fence to be patted. The G Dane kept stepping on the Bassets ears which always got in the way.
Good recovery with the Chieftain ARV.

Cheers,
Richard

Isitme

SMF Supporter
First Name
Mike
Update.
Have been busy with organising a new front garden fence, asked SWMBO what scale she wanted it in, and got that stare that only a wife can give, when you feel your skin starting to peel.....
Have started with the GPMG mount and GPMG itself,
20201110_163833.jpg
I still have the cradle to add that attaches the gun to the frame. The large boxlike item is the used connectors and empty shell case shute. The mount and gun are not glued in place yet.
I also started on the hydraulic oil tank and mount for the crane/jib...
20201110_163717.jpg
Here you can see the relevant oil pipes and electrical conduit - the upright rod will be connected to the oil tank pump...
20201110_163739.jpg
Which you can see here.
Still a long way to go, but starting to get more progress done.
Cheers, Mike.

Neil Merryweather

SMF Supporter
First Name
Neil
Update.
Have been busy with organising a new front garden fence, asked SWMBO what scale she wanted it in, and got that stare that only a wife can give, when you feel your skin starting to peel.....
Have started with the GPMG mount and GPMG itself,
View attachment 403979
I still have the cradle to add that attaches the gun to the frame. The large boxlike item is the used connectors and empty shell case shute. The mount and gun are not glued in place yet.
I also started on the hydraulic oil tank and mount for the crane/jib...
View attachment 403980
Here you can see the relevant oil pipes and electrical conduit - the upright rod will be connected to the oil tank pump...
View attachment 403981
Which you can see here.
Still a long way to go, but starting to get more progress done.
Cheers, Mike.
I really need a 'drool' emoji please, moderators!

D

Deleted member 7237

Hi Mike you've been a busy boy, some great scratch building, I know I live under a rock but have never seen brass weld seam before, made or bought ?
What scale did Yvonne go for, taxi for one.
Pete.

Isitme

SMF Supporter
First Name
Mike
Hi Mike you've been a busy boy, some great scratch building, I know I live under a rock but have never seen brass weld seam before, made or bought ?
What scale did Yvonne go for, taxi for one.
Pete.
hi Pete,
The weld seam is shop bought Aber R-05 and a smaller one is R-06, bought it some years ago and have never really used it. But the joine for the roof is under both lengths and it add a bit of strength, normally I would have used hald round rod softened with liquid cement and a Pyrogravure near an open window.
Her answer not mine - "Do I need to tell you". Expletives removed....
Mike.

JR

Member of the Rabble and Pyromania Consultant
SMF Supporter
First Name
John
hi Pete,
The weld seam is shop bought Aber R-05 and a smaller one is R-06, bought it some years ago and have never really used it. But the joine for the roof is under both lengths and it add a bit of strength, normally I would have used hald round rod softened with liquid cement and a Pyrogravure near an open window.
Her answer not mine - "Do I need to tell you". Expletives removed....
Mike.
Mike .
Was that followed by a slap and after you extracted your self from 4 dogs you said "No dear " Right ?