M-18 for Simon.

Isitme

SMF Supporter
First Name
Mike
Hello ,
Arrived back on the forum today after a couple of months away. You may remember me as MikeC, if not then nothing lost there, you have missed nothing. So in the meantime had a change of email address and thought as I am coming back to the forum then a change of user name as well - Isitme - no not a guessing game just a statement - Is it me or is there more rivets on this side than the other, or is it me, is that line actually straight - got it!.
We have as we all know lost a good friend and modelling partner from the forum. Over time I can remember loads of chat back and forth regarding our current builds, to some it would appear to be nit picking or even insulting, but it was none of these it was two modellers complementing each others skills. Simon, the Pearly Gates are ok as they are, leave them be.
Now for my build for Simon.
Today I read that one member had sent Simon a kit of the M-18, and during a talk earlier this afternoon with Pete Low this model came up in the conversation, and as luck would have it I have one in the stash - has had some work done on it - loads of other extras including tracks, plus other touches I can add as Simon would have done. So this one is for you and it will be completed. Mike.
20201102_162535.jpg
And the bits....
20201102_162559.jpg
And the tracks...
20201102_162613.jpg
More later,
Mike.

Jim R

SMF Supporter
First Name
Jim
Hi Mike
Good to see you back. We have truly lost a good friend, a good modeller and a good forum member.
I reckon an M-18 is a great subject. I look forward to seeing it come together.
Jim

Steve Jones

Steve Jones Scale Modelling Site
First Name
Steve
Hi Mike

Great to see you back posting on the forum. A great choice of project. Simon would be impressed. Looking forward to watching you improve this great model. Good luck sir

rtfoe

SMF Supporter
First Name
Richard
Welcome back Mike,
Its good we now have two Hellcats of different brands to compare. The AFV kit is definitely the better scaled one but I'm sure you'll be upgrading it further with your scratchery. I won't be able to match your wizardry but I will fix mine where necessary.

I'm going to try not to look at your build for fear of being intimidated but will peep in occasionally because its something not to be missed.

Lets go Hellcats.

Cheers,
Richard

boatman

SMF Supporter
First Name
christopher
YEA good to see you back on here mike i dont know you well but what i did see of you was a very funny chappie an your posts made me laugh so come on an give us some good banter
chris

Isitme

SMF Supporter
First Name
Mike
Welcome back Mike,
Its good we now have two Hellcats of different brands to compare. The AFV kit is definitely the better scaled one but I'm sure you'll be upgrading it further with your scratchery. I won't be able to match your wizardry but I will fix mine where necessary.

I'm going to try not to look at your build for fear of being intimidated but will peep in occasionally because its something not to be missed.

Lets go Hellcats.

Cheers,
Richard
Hi Richard,
Do not put yourself down, You are as good as anyone on here and you build to your experience. Me, I just cannot build from the box, even my last Challenger TES started off as the Tamiya Challenger 2. My wizardry come from stupidity - too stupid to know when to stop. I am looking forward to all the work by all the members on this build it will be interesting to see what comes about.
Cheers, Mike.

Isitme

SMF Supporter
First Name
Mike
YEA good to see you back on here mike i dont know you well but what i did see of you was a very funny chappie an your posts made me laugh so come on an give us some good banter
chris
Good to be back, enjoyed the rest but missed you all.

Isitme

SMF Supporter
First Name
Mike
Short update.
The drive and return sprocket/wheels are now c/a'd together, only hope I can release them from the glass building plate I use otherwise my build will turn into some sort of toon....
When I first started this kit I am sure we lived in caves and the light was bad, so I ordered the Eduard set not knowing that the mesh over the engie was actually only for the Academy kit - so one of the manufacturers really scr messed up. So just ordered some from evilbay and in the meantime it will be sand and assemble wheels and suspension. Pics of the drive sprocket etc later. That is after I have given SWMBO her latest flying lesson on the new broom she has for gardening, lesser mortals would call it a leaf blower....
Cheers Mike.

adt70hk

I know its a bit sad but I like quickbuild kits!!!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Andrew
Welcome back Mike!

D

Deleted member 7237

Short update.
The drive and return sprocket/wheels are now c/a'd together, only hope I can release them from the glass building plate I use otherwise my build will turn into some sort of toon....
When I first started this kit I am sure we lived in caves and the light was bad, so I ordered the Eduard set not knowing that the mesh over the engie was actually only for the Academy kit - so one of the manufacturers really scr messed up. So just ordered some from evilbay and in the meantime it will be sand and assemble wheels and suspension. Pics of the drive sprocket etc later. That is after I have given SWMBO her latest flying lesson on the new broom she has for gardening, lesser mortals would call it a leaf blower....
Cheers Mike.
What's wrong with a Toon my dear boy.
They they keep me off the street for one.
Pete.

D

Deleted member 7237

Short update.
Cheers Mike.
Who wait till I see Yvonne, is it a nimbus 2000 by the way, the broom.
Pete.

Mini Me

SMF Supporter
First Name
Rick
Glad you are back Mike....wish it were under different circumstances but we don't get to choose. The M18 is also one that I like and as Paul E said, it would be nice in 1/87 scale. Have fun with this and I'll be watching your progress. Rick H.