M J Miniatures Saxon Bust

• Thread starter Deleted member 6559
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 6559

Morning Steve

Remi's a much better painter than I am - she's teaching me how to loosen up and have fun. She's not so good at cleaning brushes, but she'll learn.

On to the wind-sock today. I'm toying with stripes, but that may be a bit to arduous to do. We'll see....

D

Deleted member 6559

Thanks Jason.

Unfortunately, that's as far as it's going to go. I was struggling with the wind-sock and was finally beginning to get somewhere after I'd fixed it onto the pole. However, the thing then got very unwieldy and I dropped it! It smashed onto the floor, completely fell apart, and the paint job on each part was completely ruined. I just haven't the mojo to start again, so it's going back into the box. Incredibly annoyed and fed up.

Jim R

SMF Supporter
First Name
Jim
Hi Peter
That is a real shame because I honestly thought it was up there with your best work.
But hey-ho, on we go.
Jim

SteveH

SMF Supporter
First Name
Stephen
Morning Peter

Sorry to hear your bust has had a fatal accident, as it was definitely getting to the finish line for a top 3 finish.

Hopefully you will be able to pick up and start another less vulnerable victim today?

I am back to work today, 1st day since 011019,

Its a staged return, so only 3 x 4 hour shifts this week, once I have a laptop delivered, so it will probably be later this week!

I will be practising being locked in the spare room and not responding to the "" Can you just..........."" requests for a 4 hour window each day.

I will be locked in with some modelling stuff on a tray, so I might actually get more done than being in a shielded lockdown!!!

Last time it took 2 weeks for my system to be rebooted, and that was when we were all in the office!

I will have 8 months of E-mails to trawl through as a first job, which will be fun!

The British summer has arrived, cold grey and miserable, just in time to go back to work, from home!

Have a good day picking a new project

Regards

Steve H

Tim Marlow

Little blokes aficionado
SMF Supporter
First Name
Tim
That’s a real shame Peter. Don’t let it get to you though. Move on to the next victim and forget about it for now. Return to it later when the annoyance has subsided.......Think of it as something to look forward to. You’ve stripped and repainted things in the past....this one is no different.

D

Deleted member 6559

Jim - Hey-ho indeed!

Steve - I've already started a thread for my next victim - see 'Tiralleur Senegalais'. Return to work eh? Sounds like you're looking forward to the break, and computer systems being what they are, you may have a lot of modelling time on your hands. I bet 90% of the emails can be instantly deleted.

Tim - No worries, I'm already over it and on to the next one.

Steve Jones

Steve Jones Scale Modelling Site
First Name
Steve
Give the parts to Remi Peter. You will be able to harness and develop her obvious painting skills and turn her into a sculptor as well.

Onwards and upwards my friend.

Neil Merryweather

SMF Supporter
First Name
Neil
Such a shame, Peter.
I look forward to Herman's resurrection when the mojo recovers.
I must admit I was thinking that Draco was a big lump of resin - hope I didn't jinx it!