M2A1

Jim R

SMF Supporter
First Name
Jim
Hi Scottie
Roof looks really nice. No idea if the flashing is right or not but it looks fine. As for the yellow - I rather like it although Richard may have a point about it fading. Excellent work.
Jim

scottie3158

SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
Jim,
Thanks mate I think toning it down will work wonders Or might go for a different colour.

Graeme C.

SMF Supporter
First Name
Graeme
Hi Scottie, The detail on the building is superb, lead flashing has been used on buildings for years, a friends house was built in the early 1900's and has had lead flashing around the chimney the whole time. Churches have had lead roofs for hundreds of years, so I guess it's fine historically, besides that it looks good on the model!

scottie3158

SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
Hi Graeme,
I guess your right and I'm glad you like it so far, thanks for sticking with it

scottie3158

SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
Apart from some posters and a dull coat the building itself is pretty much done. The guttering was made from pewter sheet formed round some evergreen tube. the down pipe was made from evergreen tube. the fixing brackets from pewter with the addition of some hex heads punched form some pewter. I then made a hand rail again form pewter and copper wire. The electrical insulator was made from evergreen and wire with punched hex heads. Next the sign was made using a printed label glued to a piece of evergreen with an evergreen border. Finally the house number and street names were added.
Please suggest anything that needs adding or changing.
DSCF1541.JPGDSCF1542.JPGDSCF1543.JPGDSCF1544.JPGDSCF1545.JPG

minitnkr

Rabble & escape committee member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
Really looking good. I think the finishes are excellent. Telephone but no electricity? What is the round thing in the wall? Great rust stain BTW. PaulE

scottie3158

SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
Paul,
It could be a telephone or I believe that older houses had the electricity delivered via cables but I could be wrong I am sure someone more knowledgeable than me will let me know. The round thing on the wall were plates fixed to rods running through the house to help support the walls. Glad you like the overall effect.

minitnkr

SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
Never thought of cables. Sounds risky. Not familiar w/that const. technique. Nice touch. PaulE

Steve Jones

Steve Jones Scale Modelling Site
First Name
Steve
Thats really beautiful Scottie. The final detailing has really made a difference. Looking forward to seeing the M2A1 parked outside

Jim R

SMF Supporter
First Name
Jim
Hi Scottie
That looks excellent. Little details mean a lot.
Jim

stillp

SMF Supporter
First Name
Pete
Paul,
I believe that older houses had the electricity delivered via cables but I could be wrong
Umm... what else would they use?

Pete.
Oh, sorry - I guess you meant overhead cables? Still very common in some areas.

Si Benson

SMF Supporter
First Name
Si
Very nice Scottie:thumb2:
As Jim and Steve have said, the extra bits like the handrail and sign add to the complete scene....nice touches:smiling4:

scottie3158

SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
Thats really beautiful Scottie. The final detailing has really made a difference. Looking forward to seeing the M2A1 parked outside

Thanks Steve, I have a couple of posters to add and a drain under the down pipe then it will be time to marry it up with the base.

Hi Scottie
That looks excellent. Little details mean a lot.

Jim, That's what the wife says:tongue-out3:

Umm... what else would they use?
Pete.
Oh, sorry - I guess you meant overhead cables? Still very common in some areas.

Sorry that's what I should have said.

Jim
Very nice Scottie:thumb2:
As Jim and Steve have said, the extra bits like the handrail and sign add to the complete scene....nice touches:smiling4:

Si, Thanks mate I did enjoy fiddling with the little extras.

Mickc1440

SMF Supporter
First Name
Mick
Looking really nice Scottie, my last house had the electric come from a pole run and cables along the front of it.

scottie3158

SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
Looking really nice Scottie, my last house had the electric come from a pole run and cables along the front of it.

Cheers Mick, How did the cable enter the building it would have been attached I presume to the insulator first then?

Mickc1440

SMF Supporter
First Name
Mick
Cheers Mick, How did the cable enter the building it would have been attached I presume to the insulator first then?
Couple of pics, first shows it where it went through the wall to the consumer unit, next shows where it came from the pole to my old neighbours. Added the pole.
house 1.jpghouse 2.jpgpole.jpg

minitnkr

SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
Here in the colonies the lines are kept separate like those on Mick's pole pic & don't become a cable until after the ground is attached to the house insulator/strain relief, thus my confusion. PaulE

scottie3158

SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
Here in the colonies the lines are kept separate like those on Mick's pole pic & don't become a cable until after the ground is attached to the house insulator/strain relief, thus my confusion. PaulE
No worries mate I am confusing myself as well.