M2A1

scottie3158

SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
Hi Scottie,

Thought you had been quiet ...good to see you been busy. I’ve fancied building one of these before and remember Jimbo building his, so shall be watching closely mate:thumb2:
Si
Si,
Good to see you, I would give it ago it's not a bad kit.

scottie3158

SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
This is the most complicated etch assembly I have ever attempted with multiple assemblies that have to come together. The worst part was soldering the actual gun ring which is 3 pieces and very difficult to hold while soldering.This was not helped by very vague instructions and no location marks. I used the kit parts to try and show where the parts should be and at what orientation. I have also added rivet details from pewter sheet. Unfortunately all the tie downs that came on the etch sprue have been used up as I Mangled a few doing the rest of the vehicle build. I have ordered some more fine wire to make my own. DSCF1461.JPGDSCF1462.JPGDSCF1463.JPG

Jim F

SMF Supporter
First Name
Jim
Hi Scottie,
That is a brilliant piece of etch work, time and energy were certainly worthwhile
Jim

BigGreg

SMF Supporter
First Name
Gregory
looking this build with interest... curious to see the olive drab.... keep up... Scottie l can't wait to see moooooore

Tim Marlow

Little blokes aficionado
SMF Supporter
First Name
Tim
Nice work on the etched parts. Look great....not an easy assembly job at all...
Tim

Si Benson

SMF Supporter
First Name
Si
Hiya Scottie,
I’m not sure how but I didn’t see the work you already did in the first page...some very clean tidy etch work...and rather a lot of it!
And that next piece, well that’s a whole nother thing! Top stuff mate:thumb2:

scottie3158

SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
looking this build with interest... curious to see the olive drab.... keep up... Scottie l can't wait to see moooooore
Greg,
Thanks for looking in. Will have to wait and see how the drab finish works out, by the time I have finished with it, it doesn't normally look anything to do with the real colour :smiling:

scottie3158

SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
Nice work on the etched parts. Look great....not an easy assembly job at all...
Tim
Tim,
Thanks mate glad you like itIt was a challenge for me I have used quite a bit of etch in the past but never to build anything as complex at that.

scottie3158

SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
Hiya Scottie,
I’m not sure how but I didn’t see the work you already did in the first page...some very clean tidy etch work...and rather a lot of it!
And that next piece, well that’s a whole nother thing! Top stuff mate:thumb2:
Si,
No worries mate glad your here

minitnkr

Rabble & escape committee member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
Will it be a prime mover, mortar carrier, or a converted AT gun prime mover to rifle squad track? Looking mighty fine. Many US Armored Infantry Companys' 4th Platoons "lost" their 57mm AT guns and used the prime movers as infantry squad tracks to make up more rifle squads. I don't remember where I got it, but I have a brass Xacto blade attachment for my soldering iron. PaulE

Last edited:
A

Armorguy

Exellent soldering, this will look so good on your halftrack.

JR

Member of the Rabble and Pyromania Consultant
SMF Supporter
First Name
John
Paul .
When you mentioned Etch ,I didn't expect to see half the build consist of it. !
Certainly looks to your normal high standard, nice photos from the "tent " very clean .
Bit late in , so sorry, will have to stand at the back..
John .

minitnkr

Rabble & escape committee member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
That etch is definitly over the top. The ring is insane. Top props for the excellent result. PaulE

wotan

SMF Supporter
First Name
John
Scottie

I have two kits in my stash and this is one of them. With the same full Voyager PE set. Been thinking about starting it for at least 2 years, your blog will give me some useful guidance to see how it should be done. very nice start and sitting quietly waiting to see more.

John

scottie3158

SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
Will it be a prime mover, mortar carrier, or a converted AT gun prime mover to rifle squad track? Looking mighty fine. Many US Armored Infantry Companys' 4th Platoons "lost" their 57mm AT guns and used the prime movers as infantry squad tracks to make up more rifle squads. I don't remember where I got it, but I have a brass Xacto blade attachment for my soldering iron. PaulE
Paul,
Not exactly sure the role of this vehicle as not enough seats for a troop carrier? so may have been as you say a prime mover for the 57mm's.

scottie3158

SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
Exellent soldering, this will look so good on your halftrack.
Cheers Guy,
I have soldered it where possible but some parts are CA'd as my Iron is to big to get to the small parts. I am looking for a new one.

scottie3158

SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
Paul .
When you mentioned Etch ,I didn't expect to see half the build consist of it. !
Certainly looks to your normal high standard, nice photos from the "tent " very clean .
Bit late in , so sorry, will have to stand at the back..
John .
Hi John,
Yeah there is a bit isn't there, lol. The tent does make the pics better and I need all the help I can get when taking pics. As you have posted a nice comment I will let you up the front.

Reactions: JR

scottie3158

SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
Scottie

I have two kits in my stash and this is one of them. With the same full Voyager PE set. Been thinking about starting it for at least 2 years, your blog will give me some useful guidance to see how it should be done. very nice start and sitting quietly waiting to see more.

John
Hi John,
I would love to see what you can do with this kit. As to guidance watch me then do the opposite lol