m3 honey my next project

tanktrack

SMF Supporter
First Name
Steve
I have decided to build my Tamiya m3 honey , I like the quality of the parts they are well moulded and going together a treat but by golly its small it is not much bigger than my Vickers tanks in fact compared to a tiger 1 the tiger is 3 times as big but I am looking forward to the build , I am fitting photo etch and an aluminium barrel , I will keep you postedView attachment 69523

P1020458.JPG

Ian M

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
Academy's Honey is a great little kit and builds up well. I have posted my one on here some where....

And yes it is small. If you think it small next to a Tiger, you better keep it well away from a challenger...

Ian M

P

Polux

It's a nice little tank, just take your time and have fun! You will do a lovely one! I'm sure :smiling3: :smiling3:

Cheers

tanktrack

SMF Supporter
First Name
Steve
it is a nice kit im enjoying it , i do remember your m3 Ian it is a good build , I have the challenger on my list to buy/build so it will need a bigger space , the British tanks on the outbreak of ww2 were small compared to the later ones crusader /Sherman types they punched above their weight for the time , were the German tanks panzer 1/2 off the same size ?

steve

Ian M

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
Good question. My knowledge of German armour can be written on the back of a postage stamp! I believe that they where not that big either...

Ian M

C

CDW

I built this for my ''coutances'' diorama and its a nice, well detailed, kit that goes together quite well.

I did a turret less version as I wanted to represent a recce vehicle, this had the advantage of showing off al the inside details that the turret hides.

Looking forward to seeing what you make of this Steve.

tanktrack

SMF Supporter
First Name
Steve
well guys this is the state of play at the moment , it has went together a treat and I am nearly ready to paint . 1 problem I do face is that I have to paint the tracks and wheels before fitting the tracks as im using the rubber ones because the plastic build up ones are soo tedious to put together . I should have left off the track side covers to near the end

Steve

View attachment 69971

View attachment 69972

View attachment 69973

View attachment 69974

View attachment 69975

View attachment 69976

P1030003.JPG

P1030004.JPG

P1030005.JPG

P1030006.JPG

P1020460.JPG

P1020461.JPG

Ian M

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
A tidy build Steve.

Ian M

Ian M

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
Looking good Steve. What do you think of the paint?

Ian M

C

CDW

Tidy little build so far Steve.

How far are you going too go with the weathering? Clean and tidy or fully abused?

First Name
Aaron
Nice work...i do not envy doing the masking for the paint scheme.

Tools and stowage look great.

tanktrack

SMF Supporter
First Name
Steve
thanks guys it is a nice kit it goes together well ,the paints from DOA via trackpad are nice in the caunter scheme the only worry I have is the light stone and silver grey are very similar but I am hoping that as I weather it that the subtle shades should appear so fingers crossed. I like Ian had to wait for the paint so have another build on the go "a bishop" and will keep you up to speed with it .

steve

Alan 45

Plastic Abuser
First Name
Alan
Great Little tank Steve love the weathering

tanktrack

SMF Supporter
First Name
Steve
thanks guys I enjoyed building it , believe it or not after I painted it I have an attack of the nerves when about to weather it in case I made a mess of it and have to start over but I got there in the end

steve