M3 Honey track...

D

Deleted member 7237

Hi Mike I'm glad to see you won in the end, no doubt you'll have them all together by lunchtime :smiling5:.
Pete .

minitnkr

Rabble & escape committee member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
It's always a pleasure to work with proper parts. Sometimes they're even worth the cost. PaulE

Dave Ward

Still Trying New Things
SMF Supporter
First Name
David
I have to admit that the Honey/Stuart individual track links defeated me. I never got as far as fitting to the sprockets!! The sheer number of end connectors sapped my will to live!
I've never yet succumbed to metal tracks - I baulk at spending as much on the tracks as I did for the entire kit! - I don't think I'd enjoy using them for that reason!
Dave

MikeC

SMF Supporter
Has left the Building
First Name
Michael
I have to admit that the Honey/Stuart individual track links defeated me. I never got as far as fitting to the sprockets!! The sheer number of end connectors sapped my will to live!
I've never yet succumbed to metal tracks - I baulk at spending as much on the tracks as I did for the entire kit! - I don't think I'd enjoy using them for that reason!
Dave
Dave,
Very true with the end connectors, I think that is why it stayed in the box for so long. But in defence of the Fruil tracks, it was the lesser of two evils, do I cut four new sprockets, and then succumb to the madness that comes from chasing end connectors all over the floor, or even assemble the tracks in a large plastic bag. I went for the Fruils out of desperation before actually resorting to major surgery, and luckily they were the correct course. I only resort to the Fruils if there is no alternative, and agree that in some cases the financial layout far exceeds the need.
Mike.