M41 Walker Bulldog -redo

grumpa

SMF Supporter
First Name
Jim
I like Jason, nice use of colors, in taking your pics may I suggest some lighting from the sides in addition to the lighting from the top.

I accomplish this with a simple 60 watt bulb {one of my work lights} This will eliminate harsh shadows and light up you running gear nicely;)

monica

“When there's no more room in hell, the dead will
SMF Supporter
First Name
monica
do like it,like the way your done the camo meshing,and nice with the

mad as well,well done, ;)

W

Weeman0000

\ said:
I like Jason, nice use of colors, in taking your pics may I suggest some lighting from the sides in addition to the lighting from the top.
I accomplish this with a simple 60 watt bulb {one of my work lights} This will eliminate harsh shadows and light up you running gear nicely;)
Those pics were taken with my tablet, which is very poor, ill get some better pics today once the sun moves round the back and ill use an actual camera :P

\ said:
Nice!!
I like it Jason ;)
Thanks, been a good few months since i done anything, was in spain for 9 weeks then took another 2/3 months to get back into it.

\ said:
Nice one Jason i wish my armour builds were as shoddy as this.
Haha, thanks, all you have to do is build it within 4h and then come back to it and make it slightly better lol.

\ said:
do like it,like the way your done the camo meshing,and nice with the
mad as well,well done, ;)
First time doing camo, finding a roll of good bandage helped, simple homemade wash to dye it and let it dry, nothing to it really. The hard part is making it look like its been attached to the tank by humans instead of thrown on by a giant lol! Masking tape was used to attach the gun's net... i think it looks too thick tho :\

Robert1968

SMF Supporter
First Name
Robert
Camo meting is spot on and very realistic looking ( nice colouring ) this tank was developed from the Chaffee??

Great build

A few brighter pics would be nice to see or even B/w ?

Regards

Robert

W

Weeman0000

\ said:
Camo meting is spot on and very realistic looking ( nice colouring ) this tank was developed from the Chaffee??
Great build

A few brighter pics would be nice to see or even B/w ?

Regards

Robert
Yeah chaffee and then evolved from the M41 to the T49. Ill get more pics up within an hour or two, just finishing the Brazilian EE-T2 before i go out and get crazy with the camera :P

W

Weeman0000

Ok, Well been out twice and the pictures are so blurry for some reason, plus its winter so the suns low and blinding, bad combo. Even tried to do it indoors and for some reason it font focus even tho its crisp and clear on the camera it comes out rubbish even tho the camera's resting on stuff.

I dunno but after 3 times of trying to get good pics i'm giving up haha. Sorry but its just not working.

Iv got another 3 models to put up so that will have to do LOL

geegad

Can't cheat fate..
First Name
John
Superb work really like the weathering

N

noble

Nice one Jason I like it the netting looks cool, if you don't mind me asking what did you use.

scott

W

Weeman0000

\ said:
Nice one Jason I like it the netting looks cool, if you don't mind me asking what did you use.
scott
Um, i used bandage, it needs to be like this because some bandages are more complex with thick lines and smaller cris cross patterns which dont look or act like camo.

Then you can either dye it with a wash or thinned enamel, green one was thinned enamel and the desert one was a very light yellow mig wash with brown and neutral washes for the pattern. I suggest mixing your own color as washes are more expensive to buy and also need shaken a lot if your dabbing it on a lot of material.

With the camo net being so close to the ground i added a darker sandy dirt pigment to the bottom of it to the same height as the hull and also used a lighter sand yellow for the upper part of the hull and any part of the net that look super glued.

Attaching the net is easy, either drape it around the models details, for instance mg pole, cupola's, lights and handles or lifting hooks or super glue it roughly so it still has mobility and acts like a net. (When i was taking the pictures the net was blowing around like it would in real life)

And for the gun you can either super glue or use tape and paint it.

I hope that's enough info to go on lol :P

[EDIT] Oh and you can also buy a net from amazon, but after looking at it i decided to make my own and its free if you have the bandage in the medic box.