M5A1 with a nod to Simon.

The Smythe Meister

Born to be WILD....... until about 9pm
SMF Supporter
First Name
Andy
Evenin` all,
Here`s my build for the Simon T GB.
It was a personal favourite of his which he told me he was looking forward to building as soon as he could get round to it.
It`s a basic Tamiya,and as you would expect,it`s gone together excellently.As the following pics of the completed sub assemblies show,i still have a few sink marks to remove,but other than that,it`s ready for base OG having been Primered with Tamiya Light Grey.
Box Art.....
IMG20201021151136.jpg
Sub assemblies,Running gear........
IMG20201026175756.jpg
The field added hedge cutter which came into being for hacking through the hedges and banks in the Bocage of Normandy.....
IMG20201026175733.jpg
The upper hull........
IMG20201026175635.jpg
The Turret next,you can see a sink mark right on the MG mount,(I didn`t even notice that until the Primer went on!!),as well as a few other bits to tidy.......
IMG20201026175653.jpg
So that`s the build pretty much complete,i`ve left off several parts for ease of painting,it`s a very enjoyable kit to put together and pretty well detailed!
Thanks for looking in,any thoughts,ideas or plain old abuse is more than welcomed,cheers for now,
Andy.

The Smythe Meister

SMF Supporter
First Name
Andy
Pssst Mr. Smiff,

If I am not mistaken, The Simon T GB starts on 1 November. Just saying as today is 28 October...

Prost
Allen
Ah,there`s always one eh?!!.......
Thanks for that Alan,you`re probably not mistaken buddy,i thought it was underway already,although i never checked for a start date:astonished:,nevermind though......... i`m from Devon,and we have our own completely separate time zone and speed!!

Jim R

SMF Supporter
First Name
Jim
Hi Andy
I do hope that you are building this in proper Simon T style. On a tray, on your knees, falling asleep at odd times and shedding some blood for true authenticity.
I built this kit way back. I think it was my 3rd ever kit.
Jim

Allen Dewire

Proud Rabble Member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Allen
i`m from Devon,and we have our own completely separate time zone and speed!!

My heartfelt sympathy Andy...........So how does it feel to live 100 years ago??? Or did you forget to wind up the clock???

Hope you and Rach are well and that's a nice kit to go with too.....

Prost
Allen

The Smythe Meister

SMF Supporter
First Name
Andy
If you hadnt spotted it Simon certainly would have done :smiling5: :thumb2:

Great choice for the GB Smiffy. Your off to a great start. Looking forward to seeing the next update
HA! Yeah,he certainly would`ve!!
Thanks for that,it`ll be more or less OOTB,but i`m going to go all out with the paint job/weathering:thumb2:.

The Smythe Meister

SMF Supporter
First Name
Andy
Hi Andy
I do hope that you are building this in proper Simon T style. On a tray, on your knees, falling asleep at odd times and shedding some blood for true authenticity.
I built this kit way back. I think it was my 3rd ever kit.
Jim
Hi Jim Funnily enough,the actual build WAS done on a tray in the front room! As for the sleeping/blood letting,i may well of done just a few weeks back,but my stint in hospital has sorted all that out!:cool:
Did you find this kit as enjoyable as i have?

The Smythe Meister

SMF Supporter
First Name
Andy
My heartfelt sympathy Andy...........So how does it feel to live 100 years ago??? Or did you forget to wind up the clock???

Hope you and Rach are well and that's a nice kit to go with too.....

Prost
Allen
Thanks Allen we are:thumb2:,
Clocks?..... We don`t go in for all that new fangled stuff....... a stick and the good old Sun suits us fine!!;)