M84A - Yugoslav MBT 1/35

MAK2020

SMF Supporter
First Name
MAK2020
One finished M84A that belongs to Yugoslav Peoples Army, 4-th armoured brigade stationed in Jastrebarsko, with tactical number 21333. Basic kit Zvezda T72, converted on M84 - A standard.

My early work, it could be better ... but ....

HjJ8tc.jpg
lx5nd7.jpg
aetsHB.jpg
S3HYMY.jpg
v5opBD.jpg
QAoG31.jpg
ciKoo9.jpg
HOdfuR.jpg
ltp6t7.jpg
tIAwQ1.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: JR

langy71

SMF Supporter
First Name
Chris
Gorgeous build,
I did a T-72 many years ago, and seeing this it makes me want to add one to the stash...
Would love to see build progress shots if you have them..:thumb2::thumb2:

MAK2020

SMF Supporter
First Name
MAK2020
Thank You. This is all of pictures during progress. I am not satisfied with some details, it will be better next time when i decide to make another one. Details here are accurate, but no so fine. There is generally a problem with cupola in process of conversion, not only interventions on pictures here, but other. No one of classical T72 kits support real M84 cupola, that is originally casted in ''Željezara Ravne''. Some upgrade kits allegedly resolve this problem, or lot of grinding and filling with putty ;). This is one of biggest problems, but, M84 and T72 are different in many visual details (in early 1980s in Yugoslavia came train composition with some 39 railway carriages, full of documents, constructional and technological, licensed to 1000 vehicles or 10 years ..... and development began ..... because of development - there are those variants) and more different in real technical details. And, yeah, there are few variants of M84, and even variants in ever variant, essential for us modelers. When you decide to make one, arm yourself with pictures of a specific vehicle, and go ....

BiQDFw.jpg
ZMbxhk.jpg
BmtPfg.jpg
s48Xue.jpg

Last edited:

adt70hk

I know its a bit sad but I like quickbuild kits!!!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Andrew
That's a great little kit!