Macchi C. 205 Veltro (sorry folks thread closed)

john i am

SMF Supporter
First Name
john
Hi everyone this will be my entry for the Malta build (if acceptable)built as is straight from the box as I'm not big on after market parts n decals etc.

I'll await a decision from the mods before commencing thanks for looking in cheers John.

Stuka build sidelined and replaced.

Please see replacement below thanks John

image.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
N

noble

Seems to me that the stuka was responsible for attacking ships bringing aid to Malta.

First Name
Dave
The Stuka was used against Malta by the Luftwaffe and the Italian airforce.So i say build it!.

spanner570

SALAD DODGER
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ron
John,

Just had a quick look on 'tinternet. Stukas were based in Sicily and attacked allied shipping, including HMS Illustrious whilst she was en-route to Malta to help with the defence of the Island.

Stukas given to the Italian Airforce did actually attack Malta itself.

As far as I'm concerned, it is fine and dandy to use your kit for the Battle of Malta build.

spanner570

SALAD DODGER
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ron
Oop's. Sorry Scott, our posts crossed!

eddiesolo

It's a modelling time!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Si.
http://aircraftnut.blogspot.co.uk/2014/05/ju87-part-4-stuka-in-foreign-service.html

Scroll down and this site gives some interesting info on the Italian Stuka's attacking Malta.

F

Fenlander

Of all the old 1/24 scale Airfix series, this was certainly the best kit of them all. Looking forward to seeing it come to life.

Ian M

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
fine by me.... can you get Italian markings for one of those??? Just asking dont panic lol

P

Polux

Hi John!! This item is fine to me...so let's go for it ;)

I built it sometime ago.....and was an interesting experience :smiling3:

First Name
Dave
\ said:
John,
Just had a quick look on 'tinternet. Stukas were based in Sicily and attacked allied shipping, including HMS Illustrious whilst she was en-route to Malta to help with the defence of the Island.

Stukas given to the Italian Airforce did actually attack Malta itself.

As far as I'm concerned, it is fine and dandy to use your kit for the Battle of Malta build.
Stukas tried to sink the carrier Illustrious whilst it was in Valletta harbour as well.The war museum in Valletta has bits of shot down Stuka in it.Well worth a visit if you ever go to Malta.

Robert1968

SMF Supporter
First Name
Robert
This sounds like a true grit Stuka to build and definatly I'll be watching this. I always liked this aircraft although I'm sure a few may disagree. 1/24 should be a fair size too!!

Looking forward to this one

Regards

Robert

stona

SMF Supporter
First Name
Steve
Probably best to stick with a Luftwaffe version. The Italian aircraft were modified for their use, I can't remember how or if it was obvious :smiling3:

Cheers

Steve

flyjoe180

Joe
SMF Supporter
First Name
Joe
\ said:
Probably best to stick with a Luftwaffe version. The Italian aircraft were modified for their use, I can't remember how or if it was obvious :smiling3:
You kindly sent me some information a few years ago Steve on these Italian Ju87 B-2/R-2 Stukas. The B-2 and R-2 versions were refurbished Luftwaffe variants.

This might be of interest to those asking about Italian Stukas over Malta: http://worldatwar.net/chandelle/v3/v3n3/articles/stuka.html

And back to the build, great choice John, I look forward to seeing this one build up.

john i am

SMF Supporter
First Name
john
Hi guys girls and mods

I've just come across this in my stash and was thinking it would be more in keeping and acceptable for the Malta build so the Stuka will be sidelined to a later date. I will change the thread title as soon as I get approval from one of the mods ..... I did look for some Italian markings for the Stuka but no luck. Thanks everyone for your help cheers John.

Haven't checked but was hoping the 205 would have taken part at sometime.image.jpg

P

Polux

Hi John.

If you want to change your model for the SIG, there isn't any problem for me.

Just checked to confirm the item is correct....and you can start to build it ;)

john i am

SMF Supporter
First Name
john
UPDATE !image.jpg

Hi everyone although consent was given for the Stuka somehow it just didn't feel quite right as the decals from the box based the Stuka in Libya and on that basis it's been sidelined to a later date. (I did look for alternative decals)

But after a rummage through the stash I found the C.205 Veltro and this will now be my Malta build.

Thanks for all the help n advice more later .................................

Cheers John