Machinen Krieger: Gustav vs Falke

B

beav1013

Hey guys. Here's my completed creek diorama. I don't think I sealed the board up enough because when I poured the realistic water it really warped the board and pulled some of the celluclay away from the walls. I'll try and fix it someday, just add in something to fill the gaps.

I used real foliage and branches from a creek by our house for the little bits. The leaves are actually real leaves that I ground up and cut with scissors to try and make them as small as possible. I used heavy acrylic gel medium for the ripples in the water. Those took a week to fully clear up (goes on milky white) and then I put a coat of Future on top to really gloss it up. When I put the Future on it reactivated the gel medium and the whole thing looked like a sheet of ice. It looked really cool but as it dried it all turned clear again. I need to get something else to take the pictures on as my current setup isn't big enough to handle something like this obviously. Someday...

I tried adding a couple things around the downed tree's base but wasn't happy with anything that I did so it sits empty for now. Maybe I'll add some more shrubs or something at some point.

Hope you like it.

View attachment 100180

View attachment 100181

View attachment 100182

View attachment 100183

View attachment 100185

View attachment 100186

View attachment 100187

View attachment 100188

View attachment 100189

View attachment 100191

View attachment 100192

View attachment 100193

IMG_1882.JPG

IMG_1867.JPG

IMG_1868.JPG

IMG_1869.JPG

IMG_1870.JPG

IMG_1871.JPG

IMG_1874.JPG

IMG_1877.JPG

IMG_1878.JPG

IMG_1879.JPG

IMG_1880.JPG

IMG_1881.JPG

eddiesolo

It's a modelling time!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Si.
Top work, that is awesome! Great build Jim!

Si:smiling3:

D

dougie

Can't get over the water, it's excellent. I dying know anything about the models but they look great, good job

monica

“When there's no more room in hell, the dead will
SMF Supporter
First Name
monica
Great build Jim!,the base work is awesome :D

as said the water is spot on,and i real do like the long dead grass,and very nice

use of a real wood,top marks sir,:cool:

ok just have to ask,what did you use for the grass,?

and also what was used for the water, ? please, ;)

First Name
Aaron
Maaaaattttteeeeeee... nice. These krieger kits are 1/35 right?

B

beav1013

Thanks guys. The water is 3 layers of realistic water tinted with some tamiya flat earth paint. Then topped with a layer of acrylic gel medium for the ripples. Then a final coat of future for extra shine.

Aaron, the kits are 1:20 so they're pretty big.

The grass is just static grass. When the glue dried I dry brushed with some tamiya paints. The wheat looking things are the tops of some plants that were growing by the creek. I just cut them off and glued them in after making a pilot hole.

Glad everyone likes it so far, this was the most ambitious thing I've attempted so far.

Last edited: