Macone syrian improvised mortar

Steven

SMF Supporter
First Name
Steven
Actually i am not sure it qualifies for a mortar and it is often termed a "cannon' and the Arab term is actually "hell" (fire) cannon
History:

Absent any real answer to regime artillery strikes rebel workshops began producing makeshift lets call them "contraptions " for launching missiles of all kinds . From crossbows to giant slingshots and catapults and eventually grew into this:
First identified on the battlefield in 2013 Firing gascannisters filled with explosive and shrapnel and lacking accuracy targeting often civilian populations it
is every bit a terror weapon.
Propellant reportedly is compacted ammonium nitrate the thing is probably almost as dangerous to fire as to be at the receiving end at.
The macone models offering is a nice little resin kit casting is pretty crisp with nicely moulded weldseems underlining the rough design
Principal parts:

Construction is fairly straight forward general instructions are available at the manufacturer homepage
Almost complete
This little item will be part of my "SAA Bmp 2 in Aleppo "-dio

Steven

SMF Supporter
First Name
Steven
Finished and primed - I plan to add sandbags to the end as per ref pics ( and also to hide that the tail lifts a bit du to me putting the axle too far back :rolling:
I have added some rough weld seams, around supporting brackets as pr kit recommendations.

IMQ2GOw (1).jpg

tBUf8QC.jpg