Macross - Destroid Defender 1/72

Snowman

We come in peace, so shoot to kill!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Gavin
The build continues and I'd thought that a bit extra depth was required in the form of camo netting.

There are product available, but I wanted to make my own using two techniques I found.
One was using crepe bandage, coloured using acrylic paints and the other was to use templates, and again I have opted for my own home made creation.
Camo netting.jpeg

I will finish the pattern using the airbrush + template and free hand with the AB for the third colour.

Next time I will have a completed camo net to show - hopefully.

Thanks for watching. :thumb2:

Snowman

We come in peace, so shoot to kill!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Gavin
The pattern for the camo worked out nicely, but unfortunately the crepe bandage used was too thick to suitably apply to the build. Oh well, lesson learnt.
camo 2.jpg

I have now officially finished the build, but have not as yet taken a decent set of photos of the completed build, so I will leave you with a fortuitous pic I took of the Destroid in my home office window. Additionally, another pic of it with the silver award at the North Surrey Model Show held in Banstead, Surrey. Myself and fellow members of the Horsham Modellers Club represented ourselves very well against great builds from other clubs.
Overwatch.jpg
Silver Award @ North Surrey Model Show - Banstead 5-Feb-2022.jpg

Thanks for watching and till my next build which will be something different, a Ducati 1199.

Tim Marlow

Little blokes aficionado
SMF Supporter
First Name
Tim
That was a fun build, worthy of the award as well. Great stuff!