MACV SOG diorama

BigGreg

SMF Supporter
First Name
Gregory
very very nice really looking with awe . keep the great work up
Thank you Rick for your kind words... I had the chance to speak with a GREEN HORNET veteran and he gave me some pictures and hints for the helicopter... so... await for modifications in the cabin.. ;) have a nice day

Reactions: JR

BigGreg

SMF Supporter
First Name
Gregory
Some mighty fine work BG. PaulE
Thank you Paul i read in your previous comment that you met some of those men... that must have been a tremendous experience..

minitnkr

Rabble & escape committee member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
Well Greg, when you knew them as snot nosed little kids, it took some of the glamour off, but it did seem miraculous that some had grown to be such exceptional men. Others had hard bark from tender ages so you knew they would make a mark or die trying. None returned the same as when they left. PaulE

BigGreg

SMF Supporter
First Name
Gregory
Dear all, after talking to a Green Hornet veteran, l removed the bench in the cabin, since in the UH-1P there was no bench...the l had to cover the holes and repaint ...finally l placed the seats ...have a nice evening and stay safe20200329_193158.jpg20200329_193335.jpg20200329_193417.jpge

Archetype

FAA plane builder
First Name
Chris
Very impressive work. I’m lurking here keeping tabs, looking forward to more progress.

BigGreg

SMF Supporter
First Name
Gregory
Very impressive work. I’m lurking here keeping tabs, looking forward to more progress.
Thank u Archetype l'm preparing also some HUUUUGE scratch build with the custom made "arms" for the M60....it's gonna be fun

BigGreg

SMF Supporter
First Name
Gregory
Greg,
Cracking work mate the cockpit and ladders look great.
Thank you Scottie the kit really screams at conversion and add-ons... it's also for this reason that i'm soooo slow.. plus l did a lot of dry fitting....in one word I'm having a blast...ahahhahahaha

minitnkr

Rabble & escape committee member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
Great rope work. Are those blooper rounds on the floor? Also like the stowed airborn version of the bosun's chair. PaulE

Last edited:

rtfoe

SMF Supporter
First Name
Richard
The UH-1 is looking good Greg. Your dios are always interesting and informative...stuff that we don't usually see of the Vietnam war. :thumb2: :thumb2: The ladder is awesome.

Cheers,
Richard

BigGreg

SMF Supporter
First Name
Gregory
Great rope work. Are those blooper rounds on the floor? Also like the stowed airborn version of the bosun's chair. PaulE
Dear Paul Thank you for your comment... the ammo boxes are 4 boxes for the "Pigs" and i'll put later on a bandoleer of 40mm ;)