Mad Max type build

D

Dour

Nice idea. There is a model of the 'Last of the V8 Interceptors' that would sit well with it.

papa 695

Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
Hi Jason sorry i have no pictures but would love to see the build thread if your posting it Mad Max is one of my favourate films

A

AJay

How about an old rusted-up truck like the one in the movie 'Duel' ?

J

Jazz

ok, I have made a start on the Mad Max style truck

started to build the DAF 95 XF for this and was going to brake the back of the cab so that you could see the engine.......I noticed a slight flaw with this idea.....there is no engine to this model so that out the window.

since i am just building the running gear at the moment i have not taken any pics but will if anyone wants,

have spent a lot of time getting rid of mould line since a lot of parts that would not normally be on show will be.

Ian M

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
Sounds like you have a fun time ahead of you Jason.

As for the pictures, snap away, we all like to have a look at something thats a bit off the norm.

Ian M

mossiepilot

A learner learning
SMF Supporter
First Name
Tony
Nice idea Jason, I'll follow this build with enthusiasm. I love these films.

I found this site that might be of some help - Mad Max - The Road Warrior - Fury Road

Tony.

Last edited by a moderator:
T

treyzx10r

Looking good Jason. I've got the Interceptor that I built a long time ago. I'de say a big cow catcher blade on the front is a must!

J

Jazz

thanks Trey, I wanted to get the interceptor to go with it but can't get one for love nor money. think you are right a blade at the front is a must

P

Polux

Looking good so far. Love your great idea to do it.

A vehicle with many, many possibilities of "creation" and weathering.

Keep up the work.

Polux

J

Jazz

I wanted the door on the cab to be open but this model was not designed for this, i have cut the door away and there is a big space where the 2nd and 3rd steps should be so i have mad a card template up for the steps and then i will make them out of plastic card when i am happy with them.

I am going to have to thicken up the door and the side walls of the cab since these look well to thin.

Thanks Polux, this is very much a make it as you go along, i have a very ruff idea of what i want but am looking for comments to help design it as i build.

View attachment 50044View attachment 50045View attachment 50047View attachment 50046

View attachment 52766

View attachment 52767

View attachment 52768

View attachment 52769

IMG_7430.jpg

IMG_7425.jpg

IMG_7422.jpg

IMG_7424.jpg

Centurion3RTR

Fossil Raver
First Name
John
This is looking great Jason, and like Trey said "nice scratch work on the steps". Keeping an eye on this build matey.

Have fun, John

J

Jazz

Thanks Trey and John,

the scratch build is only my template, tonight am building the one that will be fitted out of plastic card so that i can round off the edges light the bottom step.