MAGNETO

J

Judas.1044

Hello Everybody!

I'm Javi, a modelling fan from Spain. First of all forgive my English since I haven't written or spoken in English for quite a long time, so don't be too harsh if I make any grammar or spelling mistake.

I've been painting figures and making all kind of models since I was about 9 or 10 years old and I would like to share my work with modelling colleagues from other countries so please let me know what you think.

The following figure comes from "Knight Models", a Spanish company specialized in comic book figures. This one represents Magneto, from the X-Men and the scale is 75mm.

Regards!

View attachment 94646

View attachment 94647

View attachment 94648

View attachment 94649

View attachment 94650

View attachment 94651

SAM_2405.JPG

SAM_2690.JPG

SAM_2691.JPG

SAM_2692.JPG

SAM_2693.JPG

SAM_2694.JPG

Ian M

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
Hola Javi. welcome to the forum and what an introduction.

A great figure and very well painted.

Feel free to post more.

Ian M

D

Deleted member 3568

Hello and welcome to the friendliest forum on the net great figure well done.javi

J

Judas.1044

Thank you very much guys!

For sure I will post more in the future!!

monica

“When there's no more room in hell, the dead will
SMF Supporter
First Name
monica
\ said:
Hola Javi. welcome to the forum and what an introduction.A great figure and very well painted.

Feel free to post more.

Ian M
cannot say better than what Ian has said, ;)

welcome Javi,he is just plain awesome, :D

the use of colors in the shading is just great,and the over all look as well i real like it,

i think your a man i nneed to have a chat wit about color use and techniques,

J

Judas.1044

\ said:
the use of colors in the shading is just great,and the over all look as well i real like it,i think your a man i nneed to have a chat wit about color use and techniques,
Thanks Monica!

Actually I have some pictures of the process so feel free to ask

monica

SMF Supporter
First Name
monica
ta Javi,i will take you up on that offer,as i real like the shading with the pants and cloak,chest,

and im very interested in what colors were used as in for light to dark,as if it was just black added to base color or a stronger shade of the base color, ;)

yak face

Wossupwidee?
Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
tony
Hi Javi ,bienvenidos a bordo ! Great to have more international members , youll love it here its very friendly. The figure is amazing , superb painting , looking forward to seeing more , cheers tony

eddiesolo

It's a modelling time!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Si.
Hello Javi, welcome to the site and a grand first opening, what a magnificent figure-great work and the painting is sublime.

Si:smiling3:

J

Judas.1044

\ said:
ta Javi,i will take you up on that offer,as i real like the shading with the pants and cloak,chest,and im very interested in what colors were used as in for light to dark,as if it was just black added to base color or a stronger shade of the base color, ;)
Hi Monica, I've just found the pictures to explain the process:

For the chest I used a mix of brown and red airbrushed from underneath the figure and highlighted it with two tones of red and a more "pinkish" tone from above:

View attachment 94878

View attachment 94879

For the pants I airbrushed grey over a black base tone and then I washed with black very diluted:

View attachment 94880

And for the cloak it was a little bit more tricky as I used a mix of purple and dark prussian blue for the shades and higlighted the purple base with magenta and then I washed the entire cloak with a mix of blue and violet oils to have a smoother transition of colours:

View attachment 94881

Regards!

SAM_2346.JPG

SAM_2352.JPG

SAM_2362.JPG

SAM_2374.JPG

monica

SMF Supporter
First Name
monica
thank you Javi,for that insite,very interesting, its mostly with the back to get the death of color with the highs and low,s

that seam to give me a bit of trouble, ;)