Magnifier 1/12 Ford Gt40

• Thread starter Deleted member 3568
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 3568

Things will slow down on this for a while as I'm waiting for a flasher circuit board for the indicators, some fibre optics for the dashboard and some switches to operate all the lights, all due mid to late February.

Anyway here is the next update on this awesome kit.

IMG-5610.jpg
IMG-5611.jpg
IMG-5612.jpg
IMG-5613.jpg

D

Deleted member 3568

Well the fibre optics arrived ahead of schedule so I tried them out, well pleased with the results got 2 more to add for the indicators but have to wait for the flasher circuit board.

IMG-5621.jpg
IMG-5621-1.jpg
IMG-5623.jpg
IMG-5624.jpg
IMG-5625.jpg
IMG-5626.jpg

D

Deleted member 3568

Well I've wasted all weekend trying to get flashing indicators to work (I even bought so called flashing leds, which they didnt) so I've admitted defeat it won't have operating indicators, heres the next installment of the GT40

IMG-5650.jpg
IMG-5649.jpg
IMG-5647.jpg
IMG-5648.jpg

D

Deleted member 3568

There is 1 other thing missing from this kit, there is no indicator stalk (which is also the main beam ) luckily its a very simple set up so easy to scratch build also the steering shaft is too long and protrudes too far into the cabin (unfortunately I don't have the equipment to alter that but if you had a mill you could)

adt70hk

I know its a bit sad but I like quickbuild kits!!!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Andrew
Great work Ken. Wouldn't even know where to start with something like fibre optics.

Keep up the great work.

ATB.

Andrew

Tim Marlow

Little blokes aficionado
SMF Supporter
First Name
Tim
That’s looking really good Ken. Almost like building a real one....

Reactions: JR
D

Deleted member 3568

Hi all more work on this,ive made some of the many fuel lines.

I bought a tray to use as the base for it to sit on. Can you guess the setting im going to put it in.

IMG-5681.jpg
IMG-5683.jpg
IMG-5682.jpg
IMG-5697.jpg
IMG-5699.jpg
IMG-5701.jpg

D

Deleted member 3568

I should just mention the one draw back with this kit is the steering will never work as the clearance under the wheel arches only gives you about 19 degrees from lock to lock, still a minor detail in my mind (certainly not worth paying 200 more quid for)

Mini Me

SMF Supporter
First Name
Rick
Nice work Ken.......too bad about the flashers but you have more than made up for it with the rest of the lights. I wonder if Chris the "boatman" might be able to help, he is always tinkering with flashing leds and servos etc. You might give him a shout. Rick H.

colin m

Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Colin
Top notch work Ken. The GT40 is possibly my lottery win car, not the model, the real thing.

yak face

Wossupwidee?
Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
tony
Looking superb ken ! The lighting is awesome and loving the garage front base , its going to be a real talking point ( when we can finally have visitors again !) cheers tony

JR

Member of the Rabble and Pyromania Consultant
SMF Supporter
First Name
John
The pictures say it all . Without doubt a worthy winner of the.

2020DB.jpg