Malayan Emergency 1/35 scale.

rtfoe

SMF Supporter
First Name
Richard
Am now working on the armatures and coating them with two part putty. The sitting one is utilising the latest wire armature and can easily be posed. The other two armatures arms still twist when I carve so it's quite irritating.
20220419_161338.jpg

Cheers,
Richard

rtfoe

SMF Supporter
First Name
Richard
Very hard to concentrate while munching on desserts just bought from the nearby stalls that have opened for breaking of fasting during Ramadhan. I can see why we have a high rate of obesity and diabetics in this country.

Cheers,
Richard

rtfoe

SMF Supporter
First Name
Richard
Last night I made more armatures with the later design and came up with 3 more poses...one sitting and pointing frantically at the policemen another walking on all fours and the last outstretched jumping from vine to vine...
20220420_003842.jpg
I made further 3 more armatures for more poses now just waiting for the putty to cure.
20220420_131657.jpg
Cheers,
Richard

JR

Member of the Rabble and Pyromania Consultant
SMF Supporter
First Name
John
When you mentioned that the wires still turn when your doing the sculpt why not solder where the twist is or is that a stupid question Richard ?

Jim R

SMF Supporter
First Name
Jim
Hi Richard
They are looking good. Even at this very basic stage you have got the monkey poses just right.
Jim

rtfoe

SMF Supporter
First Name
Richard
When you mentioned that the wires still turn when your doing the sculpt why not solder where the twist is or is that a stupid question Richard ?
John, not at all. The present armatures that I twist 2 wires together work fine but the earlier ones where the wires are just attached after drilling holes to the putty even with CA doesn't hold well unless its two wires twisted together and attached. I could use thinner wire for that. Anyway the new way works for me.
Hi Richard
They are looking good. Even at this very basic stage you have got the monkey poses just right.
Jim
Thanks Jim. Varying the different poses isn't easy gauging the thickness minus the flesh and head. A friend runs a canteen by a pool and gets some mischievous visitors which he sends pictures of that I follow.
You're right there Jim.....no monkeying around here! :tongue-out3: :tongue-out: :tongue-out2: ;)
There will be...one is already scratching his head and pointing back at the police. :smiling6:

Cheers,
Richard

Mini Me

SMF Supporter
First Name
Rick
John, not at all. The present armatures that I twist 2 wires together work fine but the earlier ones where the wires are just attached after drilling holes to the putty even with CA doesn't hold well unless its two wires twisted together and attached. I could use thinner wire for that. Anyway the new way works for me.

Thanks Jim. Varying the different poses isn't easy gauging the thickness minus the flesh and head. A friend runs a canteen by a pool and gets some mischievous visitors which he sends pictures of that I follow.

There will be...one is already scratching his head and pointing back at the police. :smiling6:

Cheers,
Richard
Prolly has a "Crimanimal" Record!:thinking:

rtfoe

SMF Supporter
First Name
Richard
I just couldn't keep my hands off the road. Didn't like it going straight and to force the composition against the line of the frame I curved the road. Needed a bit of surgery and the re-use of as much of the drainage as possible. Already the road is at an angle but now has a twist at one end.
20220424_155617.jpg
I hope to not have anymore itchy hands and untethered visions.

Cheers,
Richard

Tim Marlow

Little blokes aficionado
SMF Supporter
First Name
Tim
Worth it in the long run though Richard. If you left it alone it would annoy you every time you saw it!

Jim R

SMF Supporter
First Name
Jim
Hi Richard
I'm sure Tim is right. If you hadn't made the change it would have bugged you every time you looked at the dio.
Jim

rtfoe

SMF Supporter
First Name
Richard
Thanks Guys, yes it would have bugged me. Wasn't the fault of the base as it was a road and bridge made for a Panther to cross at a time I wasn't aware of the weight and size it was going to be. Eventually the Panther went to the Before the Bulge dio.

Cheers,
Richard

Graeme C.

SMF Supporter
First Name
Graeme
Looks good Richard, that little tweak will make a difference. The monkeys are looking interesting too.

rtfoe

SMF Supporter
First Name
Richard
Looks good Richard, that little tweak will make a difference. The monkeys are looking interesting too.
Thanks Graeme, it's the little things that make dios interesting not just placing a kit on a base unless that's the intention.

Cheers,
Richard

Mini Me

SMF Supporter
First Name
Rick
Much better.......no doubt it was weighing on your mind.