Malayan Emergency 1/35 scale.

rtfoe

SMF Supporter
First Name
Richard
All very interesting answers guys,
Twelve Monkeys refers to(I think) an existential saying that if you gave twelve monkeys with typewriters an infinite amount of time, eventually they would produce the complete works of Shakespeare..... I think it was a Terry Gilliam film, but I've never seen it
HTH
N
My monkeys in no way will be given typewriters. :smiling2:...the one I remember was with Bruce Willis and Brad Pitt.
Nice looking herd of heads there Richard.......they all remind me of the proverbial "Sock Monkey"
Actually up close they look like they're wearing goggles, will have to sculpt down some edges.
Remember the film as complex with some excellent portrayals.
Didn't sit right through it the first time but will check it out again. I remember Brad being quite looney and wondered how he kept his eyes like that throughout the shoot.
I'm sure I went out with that once :smiling: :smiling: :smiling:
You had a big gnasher date?

Cheers,
Richard

rtfoe

SMF Supporter
First Name
Richard
Did it hurt??...taking the next flight out.

Cheers,
Richard

minitnkr

Rabble & escape committee member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
Reminds me of the scene in Matrix Resurrection where Neo sees the bosses' mouth start to disappear (sealing up) as he's talking. There was a similar scene in the first Matrix where he was being interviewed by agents.

rtfoe

SMF Supporter
First Name
Richard
Hi, forgive me, it's been 3 months since my last confession...er...I mean work on this dio...
3 months can let your mind wonder and accidentally land you with some new references and alter the idea.
I thought the Dodge was a little lonely so I looked for another vehicle to accompany it then this picture came up...large_000000.jpg...then another...
Kings-Dragoon-Guards-Daimler-Dingo-Scout-Car-with.jpgI had a Tamiya Dingo half built and thought of a conversion and today did this...
20220904_014249.jpg20220904_014344.jpgl will need to shave of the front side fenders to flush with the sides of the front mounted box. The side box compartment needs adjusting too.
That's it for now. I'll explain the new scenario later.

Cheers,
Richard

Airborne01

SMF Supporter
First Name
Steve
Hi, forgive me, it's been 3 months since my last confession...er...I mean work on this dio...
3 months can let your mind wonder and accidentally land you with some new references and alter the idea.
I thought the Dodge was a little lonely so I looked for another vehicle to accompany it then this picture came up...View attachment 462192...then another...
View attachment 462193I had a Tamiya Dingo half built and thought of a conversion and today did this...
View attachment 462194View attachment 462195l will need to shave of the front side fenders to flush with the sides of the front mounted box. The side box compartment needs adjusting too.
That's it for now. I'll explain the new scenario later.

Cheers,
Richard
Anti-ambush drills (really?) :tears-of-joy:
Steve

Allen Dewire

Proud Rabble Member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Allen
Great to see this back on the bench Richard, but I have to ask why the Tammy kit is pink. Maybe the settings on your camera??? Or did you have another plan for this???...Bring it on Sir........

Prost
Allen

rtfoe

SMF Supporter
First Name
Richard
Anti-ambush drills (really?) :tears-of-joy:
Steve
Probably staged photo.
Great to see this back on the bench Richard, but I have to ask why the Tammy kit is pink. Maybe the settings on your camera??? Or did you have another plan for this???...Bring it on Sir........

Prost
Allen
No plan Allen, just camera settings. Hope these don't look pink on your monitor.
Trying to get some of the niggles ironed out on the front with a longer base plate and rivets. Managed to flush the mud guard fenders to the width of the front storage box.
20220905_001113.jpg
The L brackets will need coned shaped fittings with lock lever handles. Side storage box below puttied and waiting for it to cure. Added a support bar at the bottom.
20220905_001127.jpg
Top compartment cover dry fitted with hatches cut away. Adding the lipped edging and painting the interior later.
20220905_001209.jpgThat's all for tonight folks.

Cheers,
Richard

rtfoe

SMF Supporter
First Name
Richard
Made some progress after a slight confusion over which variant to make. I'm still doing Type5 Variant B.
Details to the bumper cone mountings with the locking latch handles. Drilled out the headlight to take lenses.
20220907_001625.jpg
The drivers vision slot was given a thin rim around the edge opening and three hinge mounts.
20220907_001634.jpg
Also detailed the hatches with edge lip and hinge mount.
20220907_001655.jpg
It fits snugly into the opening which also has a lip around the opening.
20220907_001757.jpg
Inside and outside of the hatches. There's no reference on padding but I'm assuming the gunners hatch has padding to rest on when open.
20220907_001814.jpg20220907_001833.jpg
The gun mount circular base pad is temporary until I figure out the size. That's all folks.

Cheers,
Richard