Malayan Emergency 1/35 scale.

BigGreg

SMF Supporter
First Name
Gregory
Looks absolutely fantastic.... i can't wait to see it coming...

Mark1

SMF Supporter
First Name
Mark
I'll just continue to watch quietly hoping to learn something from the superb work you do,then hopefully I might have half a chance of making something reasonable when I bite the bullet and give it a go for myself.:smiling:

Reactions: JR

rtfoe

SMF Supporter
First Name
Richard
Looks absolutely fantastic.... i can't wait to see it coming...
Thanks Greg...its going to take long to sow a jungle.

I'll just continue to watch quietly hoping to learn something from the superb work you do,then hopefully I might have half a chance of making something reasonable when I bite the bullet and give it a go for myself.:smiling:
Thanks Mark, I'm actually doing this the first time myself...the water effect that is. So I'm learning as I go as well and after what you've mentioned I'm now under pressure. :flushed::smiling2:

Cheers,
Richard

adt70hk

I know its a bit sad but I like quickbuild kits!!!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Andrew
Richard

Coming on very nicely indeed. As with all your other offerings I have seen since joining, I have no doubt it will be outstanding.

ATB.

Andrew

rtfoe

SMF Supporter
First Name
Richard
I know the feeling..jungle=TONS OF WORK...can't wait
Yup Greg, seem to think God chucked every left overs from his creations into the jungle. :smiling6:

Richard

Coming on very nicely indeed. As with all your other offerings I have seen since joining, I have no doubt it will be outstanding.

ATB.

Andrew
Thanks Andrew in your confidence in my abilities. I hope not to disappoint.

Cheers,
Richard

rtfoe

SMF Supporter
First Name
Richard
Hi Guys,

Just to keep you in the loop for not showing anything 'cos I just realised that the Olympics was going on.

Apart from my hobby, I'm really into sport having been in athletics and any other sport during my youth except for Jai Alai or Pelota, Cycling, Skiing(although I've done a bit of grass skiing), Sledding, Water skiing, Fencing or Equestrian. Represented my school in hockey, 400 metres and nearly drowned in water polo. Other favorite games are badminton, tennis and table tennis.
Enough of sport... actually what the Games reminded me was Tokyo. So I looked up some images of my trip almost 4 years ago to Shizuoka that has quite a few nice builds that I personally had to take photos of and like to share.
I'll start a post on it once I gather the pictures.

Don't worry, the dio will get attention once the games are over.

Cheers,
Richard

JR

Member of the Rabble and Pyromania Consultant
SMF Supporter
First Name
John
Your just a tease Richard.:smiling3:
Here we were becoming excited with the thought of seeing the pour and this. I've written to the Malaysian Times concerning this matter.

Yours Upset of Basildon.

rtfoe

SMF Supporter
First Name
Richard
Dear Upset Basildon, do not dispare as the end of the Olympics is just 5 days away, the pour perhaps a few weeks. Much to do before the pour...I might be thinking of fish...just kidding. :smiling6:

Cheers,
Richard

• Haha

rtfoe

SMF Supporter
First Name
Richard
Dear Upset, here's something that'll put some cheer back into you. I've tinkled a bit on the water plants attaching them following the flow of the stream. I've only started a section from the end and working my way up. The brush fibres weren't fully coated when I airbrushed earlier so will need detail inking in with tones and highlights of green.

E51.jpg

It needs more work with roots on the banks and some coloured pebbles. The resin will be stained so I may need to bring up the contrast of the submerged stream bed.

Our divers and badminton players weren't successful this time around but what an exciting singles final between China and Denmark. In athletics sportsmanship was shown and so far two world records have been broken. I've got the dio in front of the telly but slow progress I'm afraid.

Cheers,
Richard

rtfoe

SMF Supporter
First Name
Richard
Thanks for that Andrew. Glad you like the progress so far.

Cheers,
Richard

Jim R

SMF Supporter
First Name
Jim
Hi Richard
Love the look of the water weed going with the flow of water. I assume the tint to the water/resin will be quite subtle. It would be easy to spoil all the work on the stream bed even if the contrast is upped.
Jim

rtfoe

SMF Supporter
First Name
Richard
Richard,
Looking good my man love the plants laying down due to the current.
Thanks Scottie, I had just turned off the laptop and got into bed when you posted.

Outstanding can't wait to see it finished.
Thanks Jim(What?)...me too.

Hi Richard
Love the look of the water weed going with the flow of water. I assume the tint to the water/resin will be quite subtle. It would be easy to spoil all the work on the stream bed even if the contrast is upped.
Jim
Yes Jim, I've seen some tint with just a tiny touch from a paint brush...not even a drop to get a light tint.

Sorry no update today...horrible sinus attack.

Cheers,
Richard

rtfoe

SMF Supporter
First Name
Richard
Hi all, sinuses cured, updates on the Olympics reviewed so into the garden in search of what nots for my dio and noticed the water hyacinth blooming.

E52.jpg

Then my neighbour gave me some fruit from his wife's parents little orchard. Rambutans and Mangosteens. I would normally eat the rambutans straight from the stems but SWMBO likes them opened and refrigerated so while filling two tubs full I nicked a few.

E53.jpg

Ok ok John...no more dilly dallying but still not the pour yet. I'm experimenting with clear vac-formed Marie biscuit holders which had the natural curve and corrugated. Using the drill bit and some incense sticks I got some shapes done. They are just dry fitted with still some work to do. The two on the left hasn't been worked on yet.

E54.jpg

I intend to glue it down with a hot gun or just simple UHU and work some Deluxe Making Waves paste to hide the joint. Hopefully the "pouring" will camouflage it even further.

E55.jpg

More fine sand and pebbles to be added. So John, be patiently "Upset". :smiling2:

Cheers,
Richard

JR

Member of the Rabble and Pyromania Consultant
SMF Supporter
First Name
John
Hi all, sinuses cured, updates on the Olympics reviewed so into the garden in search of what nots for my dio and noticed the water hyacinth blooming.

View attachment 430654

Then my neighbour gave me some fruit from his wife's parents little orchard. Rambutans and Mangosteens. I would normally eat the rambutans straight from the stems but SWMBO likes them opened and refrigerated so while filling two tubs full I nicked a few.

View attachment 430655

Ok ok John...no more dilly dallying but still not the pour yet. I'm experimenting with clear vac-formed Marie biscuit holders which had the natural curve and corrugated. Using the drill bit and some incense sticks I got some shapes done. They are just dry fitted with still some work to do. The two on the left hasn't been worked on yet.

View attachment 430656

I intend to glue it down with a hot gun or just simple UHU and work some Deluxe Making Waves paste to hide the joint. Hopefully the "pouring" will camouflage it even further.

View attachment 430657

More fine sand and pebbles to be added. So John, be patiently "Upset". :smiling2:

Cheers,
Richard

Richard.

Stunning work and pleased to see this back. Love the plants bending in the flow, very nice , and the vac-formed Marie biscuit holders , just perfect for this. ( Makes note of name for later investigation )

Re the water hyacinth blooming, , is that a Prayer Plant in the back ground with the marked leaves ?
Along long time since I ate any rambutans, possibly in Hong Kong in the late 60's, can remember a fleshy texture if that 's right.

Contented of Croydon.
Dogs award committee member.

Jim R

SMF Supporter
First Name
Jim
Hi Richard
Using that plastic from the biscuit packaging is inspired - looks as if it should work a treat.
Jim
water hyacinth flowers are very pretty.

rtfoe

SMF Supporter
First Name
Richard
Richard.

Stunning work and pleased to see this back. Love the plants bending in the flow, very nice , and the vac-formed Marie biscuit holders , just perfect for this. ( Makes note of name for later investigation )

Re the water hyacinth blooming, , is that a Prayer Plant in the back ground with the marked leaves ?
Along long time since I ate any rambutans, possibly in Hong Kong in the late 60's, can remember a fleshy texture if that 's right.

Contented of Croydon.
Dogs award committee member.
Thanks John, I hope the experiment works out. According to SWMBO it's a Calathea. She has the other broader leaf of the family as well. Regarding the rambutans yes you have the texture of the flesh right. The Cantonese call it Hong Mo Tan or red hairy egg but if you say it quickly it can be mistaken for English egg or white man's egg...go figure that out. :tears-of-joy:

Hi Richard
Using that plastic from the biscuit packaging is inspired - looks as if it should work a treat.
Jim
water hyacinth flowers are very pretty.
I hope so too Jim, trying to vary the look of the fall of the water is tricky. They're beautiful when they all bloom in th hundreds in a pond or lake.

Cheers,
Richard