Gregory
Wow the river and the jungle work looks superb

Last edited:

Jim R

SMF Supporter
First Name
Jim
Hi Richard
Very good and so interesting to follow your progress. Glad you found your box :hugging-face:
Jim

Tim Marlow

Little blokes aficionado
SMF Supporter
First Name
Tim
Fantastic waterworks there Richard. I can see the tree working really well as well….

rtfoe

SMF Supporter
First Name
Richard
Interesting to see how you're doing the jungle Richard, keep up the good work.
Glad if it's interesting to you Graeme. Lots of old school technic will be poured into process that you may be familiar.

Cheers,
Richard

rtfoe

SMF Supporter
First Name
Richard
Wow the river and the jungle work looks superb
Thanks Greg, I won't be following your leaf by leaf method or I'll go crazy. :tears-of-joy: I'm going to cheat a little here and there but will still do singular leaf attachments to creepers and vines.

Cheers,
Richard

rtfoe

SMF Supporter
First Name
Richard
Hi Richard
Very good and so interesting to follow your progress. Glad you found your box :hugging-face:
Jim
Hi Jim, I was overjoyed when I found the box. Before that I was going beserk wondering where it was. Glad you find the progress interesting.

Cheers,
Richard

rtfoe

SMF Supporter
First Name
Richard
Fantastic waterworks there Richard. I can see the tree working really well as well….
Thanks Tim, waterworks of joy will flow when this is completed. I see you can visualise the tree. :thumb2:

Cheers,
Richard

Mini Me

SMF Supporter
First Name
Rick
This is coming on the Dog's Richard! CCR all the way! Rick H.

rtfoe

SMF Supporter
First Name
Richard
Thanks Rick and Steve, my frequent hikes in the past through the jungle and streams have been a great help in the imagination portion of the build.

Cheers,
Richard

adt70hk

I know its a bit sad but I like quickbuild kits!!!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Andrew
Great work as always Richard....

rtfoe

SMF Supporter
First Name
Richard
Thank you Paul and Andrew, appreciate the lovely reply. Sorry no new pictures to show, been a busy day.

Cheers,
Richard

JR

Member of the Rabble and Pyromania Consultant
SMF Supporter
First Name
John
Greetings , well you don't disappoint Richard, and glad I've not missed too much. These things take time and well worth the wait.

rtfoe

SMF Supporter
First Name
Richard
Greetings , well you don't disappoint Richard, and glad I've not missed too much. These things take time and well worth the wait.
Yes it does John and sometimes the distraction and going of the track like the bamboo stalks I suddenly got going below.

I picked up this idea from a YouTube build using plastic rods cut at equal lengths and melted at both ends and flattened to create the ridge, then gluing the ends together to form the stalk/trunk.

I started by cutting a batch of different diameters of plastic rod, each with its constant length.

E122.jpg

I used an incense stick to melt the ends and smashed them on the glass top table.

E123.jpg

Contrary to beliefs, not all bamboo grow straight and true. So to get it to look natural I thought this would be one way to do it and bloody 'ell they don't look half bad even before painting.

E124.jpg

I'll need to cut triangular shaped apple wrapping paper to attach the base of each segment...this is where the shoots spring from. I will be using Japanese carpet grass shoots for this as I find they look quite similar to bamboo shoots in this scale.

More pics later when I've done more.

Cheers,
Richard

JR

Member of the Rabble and Pyromania Consultant
SMF Supporter
First Name
John
Look's very convincing Richard, a cleaver idea.

Your " Chopper " looks a lot cleaner and newer than my poor old thing, is this another replacement ?

rtfoe

SMF Supporter
First Name
Richard
Look's very convincing Richard, a cleaver idea.

Your " Chopper " looks a lot cleaner and newer than my poor old thing, is this another replacement ?
Same old one I bought 3 years back in Sydney. This is the second time of use...perhaps that's why it looks new.

Cheers,
Richard

Jim R

SMF Supporter
First Name
Jim
Hi Richard
Another great idea. It really does look like bamboo. Looking forward to seeing these "grow".
Jim

tr1ckey66

SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
Just caught up with this Richard. Superb work. Looking forward to the progress.
Cheers
Paul

rtfoe

SMF Supporter
First Name
Richard
Hi Richard
Another great idea. It really does look like bamboo. Looking forward to seeing these "grow".
Jim
Jim, as mentioned the idea wasn't mine but is great and it worked. Always nice when it does.

Just caught up with this Richard. Superb work. Looking forward to the progress.
Cheers
Paul
Thanks Paul, glad you caught up.

Cheers,
Richard