Mannschaftstransportwagen Magirus ARW

Allen Dewire

Proud Rabble Member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Allen
Real nice Artyom,

And I thought you were only making weld seams on this one. Beautiful work so far!!! FC Zenit maybe???

Prost
Allen

Reactions: Neo

Neo

First Name
Artyom
Real nice Artyom,

And I thought you were only making weld seams on this one. Beautiful work so far!!! FC Zenit maybe???

Prost
Allen
Thank you,Allen! Unfortunately not only welds.:cold-sweat: Zenit.....in the past time I liked this team when there were many players from our city. Now it isn't so.
I play football as a player since I was 15. In the past time I play indoor every Saturday.

Jim R

SMF Supporter
First Name
Jim
Hi Artyom
Unusual looking vehicle. We don't see too many resin kits built. This one looks well moulded. The body is a big chunk of resin. Very neat work on the extra detailing.
Jim

Neo

First Name
Artyom
Hi Artyom
Unusual looking vehicle. We don't see too many resin kits built. This one looks well moulded. The body is a big chunk of resin. Very neat work on the extra detailing.
Jim
Hi,Jim! this is my first attempt to work with full resin kit. Now they are unpopular and still expensive. I have another full resin kit - Merkava from Legend. I think it will be better to buy kit from Meng :smiling5:
This kit is quite well casted, but the main problem are wheels. We will see it in the future:smiling4:

Steve Jones

Steve Jones Scale Modelling Site
First Name
Steve
Top work as always Neo. Now I used to do weld seams in the same way. However I found the stuff would not stay stuck to the surface and would come off when I made the seam detail or when it had set and it just fell off. Do you have this problem?. I used to use milliput.

Neo

First Name
Artyom
Top work as always Neo. Now I used to do weld seams in the same way. However I found the stuff would not stay stuck to the surface and would come off when I made the seam detail or when it had set and it just fell off. Do you have this problem?. I used to use milliput.
Hello, Steve! Unfortunately I didn't use Milliput ever. I don't know if it has the same properties as Tamiya Putty. I know this problem. I have it while working with Tamiya epoxy. Usually I connect two parts of epoxy and then give it some time (5-10 minutes). Only then I put it on the surface.
I let it dry a little (5-7 minutes) and it doesn't get so sticky.

Jakko

Way past the mad part
SMF Supporter
First Name
Jakko
Unfortunately I didn't use Milliput ever.
You mean: “Fortunately I didn't use Milliput ever.” :smiling3: Seriously, almost any other brand of epoxy putty is easier to use than Milliput, in my experience.

I let it dry a little (5-7 minutes) and it doesn't get so sticky.
All epoxy putties I know harden in two stages: after you mix it, it sticks to everything, then it stays soft but doesn’t stick anymore, and then sets hard. One of the mains differences between different makes is how long it takes to go through those steps.

colin m

Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Colin
Very nice. So much extra detail so early in the build. The stuff great models are made of.

Reactions: Neo

Neo

First Name
Artyom
You mean: “Fortunately I didn't use Milliput ever.” :smiling3: Seriously, almost any other brand of epoxy putty is easier to use than Milliput, in my experience.
It is quite hard to get Milliput for me. So after your words I think I am lucky twice :smiling5:

All epoxy putties I know harden in two stages: after you mix it, it sticks to everything, then it stays soft but doesn’t stick anymore, and then sets hard. One of the mains differences between different makes is how long it takes to go through those steps.
I agree with you. All depends on time.

minitnkr

Rabble & escape committee member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
Some top notch work Neo. Do you drill or punch your holes in the copper? PaulE.