March-June 2015 GB: Four Engine Bombers. Chat Thread.

rickoshea52

SMF Supporter
First Name
Rick
"its a very interesting 'Gerry Anderson ' looking aircraft", that's just the right way to describe it! You can see how Fireball XL-5 might have been inspired by one of these.

Ian M

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
Ya crafty bugger Tony. I been scratching my head thinking of obscure Russian Birds.... Was half expecting a Bear or the like

Still a Hustler will be nice. Look forwards to that. All that bare metal....

Ian M

D

dubster72

Loving the Hustler Tony! I see them on ebay from time to time, but they're always rather expensive :sad:

flyjoe180

Joe
SMF Supporter
First Name
Joe
I'm not going to commit to this GB just yet as I have a lot on my plate over the next month. But you never know, I have an Academy B-17 and an Airfix Lancaster in the stash.

yak face

Wossupwidee?
Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
tony
\ said:
How big is that Tony?
Its a nice size Ian , about 24" long and 15" wingspan , the nuclear bomb pod underneath is almost a foot long in itself!! cheers tony

stona

SMF Supporter
First Name
Steve
\ said:
Would a He 177 qualify? Technically it does have 4 engines.....
Whilst I have no problem with the He 177 being included, I think that the He 177 technically had only two engines. It's the same for the Manchester with its Vulture engines.

I don't believe that a DB 606 (or 610) was two engines. It might have used components of two existing engines, but all the cylinders drove a single crankshaft and hence everything after that.

Just sayin' :smiling3:

Cheers

Steve

Ian M

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
Having looked into this, I am inclined to agree with Steve.

colin m

Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Colin
\ said:
I picked a bad time to post the teaser , everyone just went offline! , no matter heres the box art , i'll be starting a proper thread at the weekend , cheers tonyView attachment 111452
That would look great hanging next to a B36..................

flyjoe180

Joe
SMF Supporter
First Name
Joe
Hey Polux, or someone in the know, can you please confirm the four-engine GB ends at the end of June? I have dug out a B-17 and reckon I can do this now as my circumstances have changed slightly.

flyjoe180

Joe
SMF Supporter
First Name
Joe
Oops, just saw the calendar and see it does indeed end at the end of June. Disregard my question please, I should read through the entire thread before asking questions.