March - June 2016 GB: Pre '90's Racecars. Chat Thread.

P

Polux

You love the speed? You need the smell of gasoline like the coffee at the morning?

This is your GB!!

Race Cars pre 90’s....not much to comment ;)

If you want to share your ideas for a diorama or just to show the vehicles, please, use this thread.

Thanks

Polux

I saw this one coming up at the start of the year (I'd like to try something other than planes).

You'll never guess what turned up in the post yesterday...

Lotus_1_box.jpg

I'm currently pondering whether it should have some JPS decals (bizarrely it is depicted as per the 1977 British GP where it had no tobacco sponsorship, but also doesn't have the Goodyear markings which were present) ho hum.

Jambo

At least there won't be any complex masking on this it's going to be a rattle can of black and a hairy stick for the silver I think...

I'll set a build thread up closer to the time :smiling3:

Jambo

\ said:
I didn't see this one but as if by magic i will use this one
Oooh one of the 1/12 scale kits, very cool, I'll be following that with great interest!

Jambo

F

Fenlander

Oh God......... I want one:eek: these GBs are costing me a fortune.......

P

Polux

\ said:
Oh God......... I want one:eek: these GBs are costing me a fortune.......
Not necessary....you can build a 1/72 one Graham :D :D :D

F

Fenlander

Just found one I really like, Tamiya 1/20. Are these kits well detailed? 1/72 is too small for me lol

\ said:
Just found one I really like, Tamiya 1/20. Are these kits well detailed? 1/72 is too small for me lol
I'm no expert but they seem to be good from what I can see. If you're looking at some check out scalemates website as some are fairly old kits re-released with new transfers and some PE parts to bring the detail up a little, when this happens the model on the box changes so it's pretty easy to tell what version you're getting.

Jambo

PaulTRose

Dazed and confused
SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
im planning on joining this one.......hopefully..........with something a bit off the wall :rolleyes:

papa 695

Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
I've got 2 cars that will fit the bill but I'm not sure if I'll have the time to build them. I don't want to stretch myself like I did last year.

papa 695

Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
These are the 2 cars but after looking the Peugeot is from the Le Mans 1991 but the Mercedes is from 1989. There not much of a kit so I think I will knock them together for this GB.

image.jpeg

PaulTRose

Dazed and confused
SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
currently contemplating joining in......................but with something a little diffierent i want to try

PaulTRose

Dazed and confused
SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
im in.............with this

2hcpabb.jpg

raced in the late 1980s so it qualifies :D