Market Garden Chat

tr1ckey66

SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
\ said:
I don't think mine has that style of mantlet. Maybe a lot of foliage will hide it!!
Hi Rick

Stugs of 280 Brigade were a mix of saukopf and box type mantlets. They also had a few StuH 10.5cm SPs as well. You'd need to find reference for a particular vehicle to get it bang on. Generally they were all quite late model Gs with a gun crutch on the bow plate and loader's hatch that opened side to side when viewed from the front (not front to back as in previous models). Also, there was provision for a remotely controlled roof MG but due to shortages, or just lack of time, these don't seem to have been fitted yet. On my model you can see a round blanking plate just in front of the loaders hatch this is for the remote MG.

As i said earlier they were a mix bag though and I have seen reference to early Stugs Gs in the area too.

In short I doubt anyone is going to really have an issue with you not having the identical model.

I'd say if you have a Stug IIIG with long barreled 75mm gun you're close enough.

Hope this helps

Cheers P

First Name
Aaron
I just wanted to say thats a beautiful stug there trickey66 I am saving a stug ausf g for a special occasion and i could only dream of it looking half as sweet as your one.

tr1ckey66

SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
\ said:
I just wanted to say thats a beautiful stug there trickey66 I am saving a stug ausf g for a special occasion and i could only dream of it looking half as sweet as your one.
Thanks Aaron, Andy. The kit is an old dragon kit (I think it was in fact a Stuh 10.5cm and I changed the gun). I've built many Stugs in the past both from Dragon and Tamiya (which is also an excellent kit of the early G model).

If you're joining the SSIG with your Stug kit I'd be happy to give any modest advice I can give.

Cheers

P