Marks P51D eduard 1/48.

Lee Drennen

Box Stock Builder with a Twist/ Rabble Member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Lee
Need a gloss coat to seal in the decals but looking at the wing tanks thought i would get them done first ,the mounts are some etch pieces of which are the only option then realising they are going to be fragile expecially when the tanks are mounted ,the only way im not gonna keep knocking them off i was to fit the landing gear,did want to do this after all the painting was complete but hey ho! A little scrape with a blade here and there and there in. Moral of this story is to attach the tanks to the pylons first then fit to the wing.......as per instructions :rolling: View attachment 464140View attachment 464139View attachment 464138
Exceptionally way of paying attention to detail looks very impressive Mark

The Smythe Meister

Born to be WILD....... until about 9pm
SMF Supporter
First Name
Andy

Mark1

SMF Supporter
First Name
Mark
That's excellent work there Mark :smiling3:
If you don't mind me asking.... What did you use to glue the etch to the clear plastic?.... It's such a clean join!
Andy
Cheers Andy, the etch is the arch shaped piece in the middle, the half round bit at the back is plastic, for both pieces i used white glue , bit of working time,can be cleaned up easy if you get a bit messy on the first go!:rolling: and won't cause any damaged to the clear part or paint.

adt70hk

I know its a bit sad but I like quickbuild kits!!!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Andrew
Simply brilliant Mark. Simply brilliant!

Very well done indeed.