First Name
John
Looks nicely detailed Mark.:thumb2:

Dave Ward

Still Trying New Things
SMF Supporter
First Name
David
I built this model in September 2018 - a lot of models have gone over the bench since then, but this is still perhaps the best 1/35 model I've had the pleasure to make ( of all time ). This was what really convinced me that Zvezda had become one of the top-flight makers
Dave

Jim R

SMF Supporter
First Name
Jim
Hi Mark
That's some kit. Looks really nice and Dave certainly sings it's praises. Detail looks so good a lot of the pe will perhaps go straight into the spares box.
Off to a fine start.
Jim

Mark1

SMF Supporter
First Name
Mark
I built this model in September 2018 - a lot of models have gone over the bench since then, but this is still perhaps the best 1/35 model I've had the pleasure to make ( of all time ). This was what really convinced me that Zvezda had become one of the top-flight makers
Dave
Hi Mark
That's some kit. Looks really nice and Dave certainly sings it's praises. Detail looks so good a lot of the pe will perhaps go straight into the spares box.
Off to a fine start.
Jim
I am impressed so far I think I'll be adding some more zvezda to the stash,worth looking at reviews first because some of their early stuff leaves a bit to be desired as the IS2 I have proves! Very basic and not a great fit.

Dave Ward

Still Trying New Things
SMF Supporter
First Name
David
I am impressed so far I think I'll be adding some more zvezda to the stash,worth looking at reviews first because some of their early stuff leaves a bit to be desired as the IS2 I have proves! Very basic and not a great fit.
Mark,
yes, the early stuff wasn't brilliant, and it doesn't help when they appear in new boxes! The first 'modern' era model, I reckon was the 1/35 L4500R Maultier - a very nice model as well. Scalemates is the best way to work out what are the later productions.............
Dave

Mark1

SMF Supporter
First Name
Mark
Hi all, well there's no turning back now! The saw came out and the cutting has begun :smiling6: this is so I can fit what would be the rubber skirting/apron(sure there's a technical name!) in etch.
Put some colour behind the wheels in case it's difficult to get at later.20220205_211319.jpg20220205_211340.jpg20220205_212252.jpg

Mark1

SMF Supporter
First Name
Mark
All four corners now removed ready for etch, inner wheels painted and on, next will be to finish putting the tracks together then they will be painted and then fitted as one piece hopefully,some testing first as instructions say to put together the pieces on the wheels,I think my way will be easier as it means no gluing after painting them as one piece,the outer wheels will then go on and pretty much hold the tracks in place.20220205_233418.jpg20220205_233443.jpg

Dave Ward

Still Trying New Things
SMF Supporter
First Name
David
Mark,
actually, you've no need to add the top run of track - it can't be seen when the side skirts are on. I did add them, because I wasn't sure if they would be visible
track assy 01.jpg
The Zvezda way of track construction takes away any problems of fit & the tedium of assembling individual links, a pity more makers don't follow their lead!
Dave

Jakko

Way past the mad part
SMF Supporter
First Name
Jakko
I’ll second Dave’s suggestion: leave off the top run, it won’t be visible and will make it much easier to get the track on correctly, because you’ll never find yourself needing to add or remove half a link to make things fit :smiling3:

Dave Ward

Still Trying New Things
SMF Supporter
First Name
David
I’ll second Dave’s suggestion: leave off the top run, it won’t be visible and will make it much easier to get the track on correctly, because you’ll never find yourself needing to add or remove half a link to make things fit :smiling3:
Jakko,
the Zvezda tracks are so good, that I've never had to fettle, or fudge their assembly, it's just a matter of saving time on a soon to be hidden feature!
Dave

Dave Ward

Still Trying New Things
SMF Supporter
First Name
David
One thing about Zvezda tank kits - there's no interior, there might be details on the inside of hatches, but that's it! - either you add figures, or everything is buttoned up!
Dave