Ian M

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
Looking very nice. I like a Big Gun!
If some of the moulded on detail like the straps on the boxes at the start of the build, they can quickly be sharpened up a bit with a panel scriber or very careful use of a scalpel blade to scrape the softness out of the corners.

I must say that this looks like a nice 'little' kit.

Mark1

SMF Supporter
First Name
Mark
Looking very nice. I like a Big Gun!
If some of the moulded on detail like the straps on the boxes at the start of the build, they can quickly be sharpened up a bit with a panel scriber or very careful use of a scalpel blade to scrape the softness out of the corners.

I must say that this looks like a nice 'little' kit.
Cheers Ian, good tip, I will try to remember that for next time :thumb2:

JR

Member of the Rabble and Pyromania Consultant
SMF Supporter
First Name
John
In my books any one who can do tracks like that is good, top work Mark.:thumb2::thumb2::thumb2:

David Lovell

SMF Supporter
First Name
David
Fantastic work Mark every thing about the kit looks the part the etch mesh gives it that little edge cant wait for the paint. Perhaps the shake and bakers will now realise that you won't catch leprosy if you say the word Zvezda or touch one of their boxes ,even the early stuff isn't that bad they make it sound like it had two parts and even they didn't fit. Times are going I fear to get harder than they are now Zvezda produce great kits (see my 1/72 snap fit builds)at pocket money prices compared to most of them out there I hope they continue. Sorry for the rant keep it rolling looking forward to your next installment (next time I've some spare I can see the 72nd version joining the stash). Dave

GerryW

Rest In Peace
First Name
Gerry
This is looking great - being a 'returnee', I hadn't heard of a lot of the manufacturers that are selling now - all I'd had were Frog, Airfix and Revell, then along came the 'far East' new makers Tamiya and Hasegawa. Hadn't heard of Zvezda, so no prejudice from me!

Mark1

SMF Supporter
First Name
Mark
Cheers Gerry ,I only attempted a couple of 1/24 italeri trucks when I was young, very bad attempt! No paint,no decals, made up for it with glue :tears-of-joy: had to learn so much in last four years and still a lot more to learn.

Mark1

SMF Supporter
First Name
Mark
Great progress Mark looks great
Cheers Lee :thumb2:
Fantastic work Mark every thing about the kit looks the part the etch mesh gives it that little edge cant wait for the paint. Perhaps the shake and bakers will now realise that you won't catch leprosy if you say the word Zvezda or touch one of their boxes ,even the early stuff isn't that bad they make it sound like it had two parts and even they didn't fit. Times are going I fear to get harder than they are now Zvezda produce great kits (see my 1/72 snap fit builds)at pocket money prices compared to most of them out there I hope they continue. Sorry for the rant keep it rolling looking forward to your next installment (next time I've some spare I can see the 72nd version joining the stash). Dave
Thanks Dave, yeah I'm impressed with zvezda, another one in the post :smiling:of the German variety.

Mark1

SMF Supporter
First Name
Mark
So i have the turret almost completed now,tracks have the main colour done, some tones and a bit of light weathering and they will be going on when I finish painting the outer wheels,once that's done I will fit all the small snappy off bits to hull before that gets paint, still thoroughly enjoying this build :smiling3:should be done with this in about a week I reckon, then I'll see whats next! Is 2 then I got a t55 needs finishing ;)20220210_232132.jpg20220210_232537.jpg20220210_232313.jpg

GerryW

Rest In Peace
First Name
Gerry
Looking at that, very impressive - hope that it's not a race to finish, as it's probably going to take me the whole 2 months for my little 'un:smiling5::smiling5:

Allen Dewire

Proud Rabble Member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Allen
I'm late in (as usual) Mark. So many Rooskie Bummskie things being built right now, I can't keep up. You have definitely made some excellent progress Sir. That etch looks really good too. Keep it coming............

Na Zdorovie (Prost)
Allen(ski) Pres.
RBB Factory #69

Mark1

SMF Supporter
First Name
Mark
Hi all, have now got the auto load pretty much done, was quite a fiddly job, a bit of cleaning up still to do!
Gun barrel halves together and sanded,spot of filler required on the end.
Would have been further along with the hull but decided to try and paint the edge of the wheel rim with a white band as some have, made a bit of a mess of it and touch ups weren't really working so stripped the paint off with a soak in some acrylic thinners mixed with a drop of ab cleaner so they will be painted again minus the white stripe! Not looking forward to masking again :tired: 20220213_183840.jpg20220213_183348.jpg20220213_183753.jpg

yak face

Wossupwidee?
Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
tony
Looking superb mark , the etch really makes a difference . Thanks for the tip with the tracks too , I was wondering how to go about this area of my build for the GB . Cheers tony

Mark1

SMF Supporter
First Name
Mark
Very nice progress Mark you will be done soon at the pace.
I'm late in (as usual) Mark. So many Rooskie Bummskie things being built right now, I can't keep up. You have definitely made some excellent progress Sir. That etch looks really good too. Keep it coming............

Na Zdorovie (Prost)
Allen(ski) Pres.
RBB Factory #69
Mark,
All looking very nice mate you are making a cracking job of this
Looking superb mark , the etch really makes a difference . Thanks for the tip with the tracks too , I was wondering how to go about this area of my build for the GB . Cheers tony
Thanks guys :thumb2: a lot of etch won't be used as the kit detail is pretty good and really doesn't warrant the effort.