Martin pb2m1 mars flying boat

D

deckape

View attachment 22804Ahoy

Here is a scratch built model of the flying dreadnought the mighty Martin Mars Flying boat. I built this at View attachment 22803the scale of 1/72 wingspan 3ft. she is the proto type before she was re designed as the JRM Mars, I built another from scratch as well her successView attachment 22802or the JRM I will attach a picture of the build with this the model is made from blue styo foam covered with epoxie useing templates as a guide toView attachment 22801 assure acuratecy. these were the largest flying boats in the world the 747 of the 1930,through the 1950,s. here are a couple attachments of her.View attachment 22800

View attachment 29559

View attachment 29560

View attachment 29561

View attachment 29562

View attachment 29563

PICT0016.JPG

PICT0014.JPG

PICT0013.JPG

mars00.jpg

PICT0017.JPG

B

Bunkerbarge

That's a stunning piece of scratchbuilding Franklyn and really good to see on here. Scratchbuilding seems to be a slowly dying art in this world of kits with photo etch and resin accesories and I think we forget just what modellers were actually up to years ago.

Great shots of a stunning model.

D

deckape

\ said:
That's a stunning piece of scratchbuilding Franklyn and really good to see on here. Scratchbuilding seems to be a slowly dying art in this world of kits with photo etch and resin accesories and I think we forget just what modellers were actually up to years ago.Great shots of a stunning model.
Bunkerbarge

Thank You for your reply on my Mars Most of my builds are quite different from a lot of the other fellows. Mine are a blast of the past but I do have a couple present up to date builds I will be posting here. I have a vast collection all the way from boyhood to now. I had for years been with most of my life. Thank you for your wonderful reply.