Masking Liquid

First Name
Gary
Wouldn't mind trying some masking fluid and will probably go for the Molotow pens for accuracy. Anyone else tried these or thoughts of liquid Vs masking tape ?

Gern

'Stashitis' victim
SMF Supporter
First Name
Dave
Try Marmite for masking! :tongue-out3::upside: Better use for it than eating it!

Dave Ward

Still Trying New Things
SMF Supporter
First Name
David
Speaking as a Marmite Baby - I'm quite happy that other people don't like it - more for those happy people who do!
Masking fluid has its uses - for things like shallow undercarriage bays, it's much easier to use a liquid, than masking tape. I use it to fill in areas which are bounded by masking tape - but it can cause problems if you leave it on too long!
Dave

Komedy

SMF Supporter
First Name
Warren
For something like general cockpit windscreen masking its OK ?

How long is too long Dave ?

The VMS stuff is the best I have used to date, easy to apply with a thin nozzle and then manipulate into the corners etc with a cocktail stick.

Dries clear and settles to a nice thin layer without being clumpy.

Warren

D

Deleted member 7917

Had some Vegimite in Sydney a few years ago. Now, that IS disgusting.
Vegemite is one of those products that you either love or hate. I've tried Bovril and Marmite and they don't do it for me. Thank cod (sic) that Tesco stocks Vegemite. :hungry:

Del640

SMF Supporter
First Name
Del
The VMS stuff is the best I have used to date, easy to apply with a thin nozzle and then manipulate into the corners etc with a cocktail stick.

Dries clear and settles to a nice thin layer without being clumpy.

Warren
I concur, I use it and it's great, handy bottle design as well.