Mauretania in Dazzle Camouflage

Dave Ward

Still Trying New Things
SMF Supporter
First Name
David
A little more digging - I've found that a Polish company, JSC make a 1/400 Card Model of the Mauretania, in either Cunard Colours, Hospital Ship Colours - OR the Dazzle finish these are a couple of pictures lifted from their website
jsc mauretania 02.jpgjsc mauretania.jpg

At least all the patterns look the same, on all the pictures!
Dave

Dave Ward

Still Trying New Things
SMF Supporter
First Name
David
Peter,
The SS 'Olympic was a sister ship to the 'Titanic' , and originally almost identical - she was used as a troopship in WWI & did have dazzle painting, so it's not quite a 'what if'! She did have a shedload more lifeboats after the 'Titanic' sinking, and as a troopship she had 6 X 6 inch guns added.....................
Dave

Dave Ward

Still Trying New Things
SMF Supporter
First Name
David
WOW,
I can't believe how many views this has had since I posted it at 11 o'clock. :surprised:
Just as an addition, I've retrieved the Airfix Mauretania from the stash - and there are actually 2 in one box! I was attracted to the hospital ship version, before seeing a picture of dazzle, so now I may be able to make both - maybe one full hull, the other waterline..............
Dave

boatman

SMF Supporter
First Name
christopher
WOW Dave this will keep you busy an as been said its makin me dizzy just lookin at it what a paint scheme this will be to the scale you will be building Dave how big will she be ? an yes I also suffer from back pain bloomin agony aint it
ATB CHRIS

Dave Ward

Still Trying New Things
SMF Supporter
First Name
David
Chris,
it's 400mm long, 40mm beam - it's dating from 1964, but not too bad - I think the dies must have been refurbished.
Back? - at the moment, if I drop anything on the floor, it has to stay there! !'m alight flat on the couch, or bed, but sitting for more than a few minutes really is a pain!
Dave

boatman

SMF Supporter
First Name
christopher
Chris,
it's 400mm long, 40mm beam - it's dating from 1964, but not too bad - I think the dies must have been refurbished.
Back? - at the moment, if I drop anything on the floor, it has to stay there! !'m alight flat on the couch, or bed, but sitting for more than a few minutes really is a pain!
Dave
YES Dave I know the feeln about things on the floor as you say it will have to stay there but I have good days an bad but I find that jen does me a hot water bottle to put at the bottom of my back an with pain killers I can manage but just got to watch what I lift but some days i have to lay flat on the carpet out flat an just look at the ceilin an imagine patterns in the ceiling arteks that's why im tryin to build tiger as light as poss an jen lift all the most heavy things or my friends do
but back to that dazzle scheme it should keep you entertained lookin forward to some build pics an of course the paint sceme
chris

Dave Ward

Still Trying New Things
SMF Supporter
First Name
David
Chris,
I seem to have problems in finishing models at the moment, I have several 50-75% complete, and haven't the interest to complete them! The last thing I want to do is add to the unfinished parking lot...........
Dave

boatman

SMF Supporter
First Name
christopher
Chris,
I seem to have problems in finishing models at the moment, I have several 50-75% complete, and haven't the interest to complete them! The last thing I want to do is add to the unfinished parking lot...........
Dave
OH Dear Dave whats it your health probs stopping you or just cant get up the mojo ? but sorry to hear that but look forward to when you do get goin again
chris

Dave Ward

Still Trying New Things
SMF Supporter
First Name
David
Chris,
having problems with my diabetes - blood sugar levels are up & down - too high, and I feel nauseous & shaky, too low, lethargic & weak. Nothing new, it happens every now and then - I just have to sit it out, it can take quite a few days, or weeks for it to even out!
Of course, in these bizarre times, feeling unwell can be a worry! I've managed to self isolate for seven weeks now - I've only spoken face-to-face ( at a distance, of course ), with postie & the Tesco delivery man...................
Dave

Neil Merryweather

SMF Supporter
First Name
Neil
Chris,
having problems with my diabetes - blood sugar levels are up & down - too high, and I feel nauseous & shaky, too low, lethargic & weak. Nothing new, it happens every now and then - I just have to sit it out, it can take quite a few days, or weeks for it to even out!
Of course, in these bizarre times, feeling unwell can be a worry! I've managed to self isolate for seven weeks now - I've only spoken face-to-face ( at a distance, of course ), with postie & the Tesco delivery man...................
Dave
Chin up, Dave :thumb2:
we're all here for you

Dave Ward

Still Trying New Things
SMF Supporter
First Name
David
Thanks, fellers! - Nothing new, I'm afraid, I've had these bad patches off & on for many years, no idea as to cause, my nurse tells me it's not
uncommon in insulin dependent sufferers. I suppose the lockdown just makes me feel worse than normal
Dave

First Name
Noel
I have a feeling that there was an in depth article about the Mauretania in the dazzle scheme in one of the IPMS UK magazines a number of years ago. IPMS may have back issues.