Mazur D-350 1:25 Scale

T

Tim Crowe

Work progresses:

Starting to add the final detail. The reflectors are made from acetate sheet with a coat of colour on the back then a layer of silver. The black bezels are cut out using punches.

Tried to build the shackles out of card. Gave up and bought them in

The tie-downs and handles are all built up using wire

Tim

W

Willi262

Looks amazing. I would have to be told this was made of paper/cardstock, I would never even suspect otherwise.

T

tommy1drop

It really is hard to believe that this is a paper/card model, looks amazing;)

First Name
Gregg
Not just amazing because it's a paper/card model, for me it's that paint/texture that makes the close ups look like photo's of the real thing

Gregg

Last edited by a moderator:

tanktrack

SMF Supporter
First Name
Steve
I take my hat off to you it is looking great , I question,how does the paper not buckle when painted ?

T

Tim Crowe

\ said:
I take my hat off to you it is looking great , I question,how does the paper not buckle when painted ?
Thank you. thinner card (160 gsm) does warp a little bit, but seems to dry okay. I mainly use acrylic paint. the first coat soaks straight in. So at least two are needed.

Tim

flyjoe180

Joe
SMF Supporter
First Name
Joe
Nice work Tim, I too am amazed that this is all card.

T

Tim Crowe

Decal time:

Bought two sets. The Polish eagle is from Bison set 35176 (T-34 in foreign service) and the lettering from Xtradecal set X32022 (RAF serial letters & numbers). The logo on the back door is made up from an 'X' and four 'L's.

Gave the model a coat of gloss varnish, then used Micro Set, setting solution on the decals. When dry went over the decals with matt varnish, to seal them on.

Tim

monica

“When there's no more room in hell, the dead will
SMF Supporter
First Name
monica
great work Tim, cannot believe its card,

0ne48thtel

That is awsome and hard to believe it is made from card top marks from me Tim